Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Woken by Thunder

I'm in Florida. I was awoken by thunder, not something I hear regularly where I'm from. Looking forward to a week of not wearing my winter coat & boots.

I'm in a phase of not updating my facebook status. Not sure how long it will last, but right now I don't feel like rubbing in everyone's face that I'm on vacation somewhere sunny & warm (no offense to those who do). Sometimes I get in these moods where I want people to actually seek me out rather than have my doings appear in front of them. If I was counting, that plan isn't working out so well thus far.

Saturday night we're headed to Medieval Times, which I've driven past plenty of times but never actually been to. [Wow, raining pretty hard out.] Other than that, we don't have a lot specifically planned. I have lots of places I'd like to go shopping, and I'm also quite content to sit & read. John has expressed an interest at "seeing" DisneyWorld, but I'm not sure if we'll actually enter a park. Downtown Disney is free access and lots of shopping/restaurants, maybe we'll hit that. The vacation world is our oyster.

This is the first vacation I've had in a long time that wasn't attached to a work meeting. Though I did answer a few work emails in the airport last night, I plan on actually being on vacation. I do need and will enjoy a break from work. I need to recharge.

3 comments:

Liza said...

Sounds as if you are going to enjoy not having your day scheduled and/or dealing with other people's issues for a change.

Be sure to include some mojitas on the to-do list!!

*ofully

Spiritswoosh said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. You deserve it.

canadianicewolf said...

You also don't want to post to the world in FB and twitter and other social networking sites when you may or may not be home.

Have a happy time and may you be blessed with the most wonderful weather!