Monday, October 23, 2017

Not necessarily related thoughts

I wish there was a Facebook feed to filter out anything to do with "Christmas" until a certain date of your choosing.

I wonder how much money people would pay for FB filters that would limit food posts, bad language, babies, cats, Christmas, or anything to do with people you don't like but are afraid to block.

Why am I so useless in the evenings after work? It's not like I have a stressful job. In fact, I had a pretty decent day today. But after getting home, as much as I wanted to work on the new sweater I started, it just didn't happen. Now it's bedtime.

I miss my Romy. Two weeks feels like forever since he's been here. I was so proud of him. Everyone would comment on how big he was, and I was proud to have this big lovable cat. One of the things I forgot to mention in my Romy post was how he used to stick his tongue in & out while he scratched his head with his back leg. It was a very uniquely Romy thing to do. John said he'd never seen another cat do that.

For as much as I am supposed to believe in the afterlife, given my religion, death still seems like a loss to me. I guess that makes me selfish? I'm too focused on my loss rather than the lack of pain and suffering of the person/animal who has passed on? They're in heaven, I should be happy. I am happy. But I'd rather have Nana & Gug still here to visit. Grammy & Grampy in their kitchen watching General Hospital. Romy here doing Romy things.

The one person I seem to feel differently about is my Aunt Gail. I miss her, especially right now when I would love to have her advice on dealing with a pet's passing. Though we didn't practice religion in the same way, I always feel that her faith was so strong that she is happy up in heaven and where she belongs. I don't have the anger, frustration, and disappointment about losing her compared to others. I believe she was taken too soon, but I feel deep down that she's in a great place.

So does that mean I think the others aren't in a great place? Or weren't as strong in their faith? No. Is it because my aunt wasn't a daily part of my life like the others? Maybe. Do I feel an odd sense of guilt about all this? Yes.

I suppose this happens to everyone. The older you get, the more death you have to deal with. I also assume it doesn't get any easier.

No comments: