Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 good things

2021 was a struggle. I tried to document the good things, but from the length of this list, you can see that I struggled to even write them down. I'm hoping for 2022 not that things "get back to normal" but that we can see some tangible improvement. I just want to see some light at the end of the tunnel and know that there will be an end, even if we're not sure exactly when it will come.

This year has brought a lot of bad luck. It seemed like everything was breaking down: my car, the dishwasher, the dryer, parts of the truck... the list goes on. I'm hoping for fewer breakdowns in the new year. There comes a point when it starts to feel personal. What am I doing to cause so much to go wrong? Or maybe it's not my fault at all? I don't know.

On to the good things:

Jan 2: Marley took her first nap on level 4 of the cat tree. Didn't expect it to take that long but John enticed the kitties with strategically placed treats

Feb 18: Finally received my last xmas present, Knits for Kitties

Mar 21: First grilled steak of the season, plus tasty beets

Mar 27: My first Covid vaccine shot

Mar 29: Passed AWS Cloud Practitioner exam with 97%

Apr 2: Return of JCS Night (virtually)

Apr 3: Nice to be back in church for Easter

June 11: We both received our second doses of vaccine

Nov: I don't have skin cancer!

Nov 20: John finally starts his new biologic meds

Dec 11: Functioning new dishwasher

Dec 11: Return of the MacLellan Chainsaw Christmas Tree Hunt

There were other good things that didn't get written down. John finally got someone to pay attention and MRI his knee so he could get a path forward. I was still able to go to Miramichi with my friends and have a vacation. Together we've made a decision on a new vehicle, which we hope to get by April. 

Please, 2022, go easier on me.

No comments: