Monday, February 12, 2024

Don't hate on other people's fun

Inevitably, around the Super Bowl, people seem to need to announce to the world that they don't like/understand/care about football. Ok, sure, it's not for everyone. I assume it generates the level of hate it does because it's over-hyped. I have no control over that. But in the spirit of announcing to the world the sports we don't like, I hate baseball, don't care about hockey, soccer is boring, and basketball is full of flopping.

I'm human. I make mistakes. I can't claim I've never done this, in fact, I'm sure I have. The thing is, I'm trying harder now to be conscious of it and not do it.

And if you need any more convincing:

“The worst kind of person is someone who makes someone feel bad, dumb or stupid for… like being excited about something.” - @Taylor Swift

No comments: