Monday, November 10, 2008

Grumble

It's hard to feel motivated when you don't see that carrot at the other end of the stick. All I see is the stick still being there, and right now, that's not much of a motivator.

I was supposed to have a 4 day weekend, but that got cut short to a regular weekend. Partly because I am behind, but also because a third party didn't clearly explain their expectations of me. I'm really angry about that, since they sat in front of me and marked off what needed to be accomplished, only to later turn around and ask if I was finished other things. I'm losing motivation and energy at a very quick pace.

I didn't have much of a summer vacation. I took a few days off when John moved. I couldn't take any time off during his mother/nephew's visit. I took two days off for a 1 day event in Montreal. I'm burning out.

I have US Thanksgiving booked off, and if the job market continues to look bleak, John will be off too. I am taking that time come hell or high water. I need the break. I learned today that I may also be able to take the time between Christmas and New Year's. It's not my turn, but the other person doesn't seem to care as much as I do about it. I could really use that solid week off to relax and just enjoy myself.

I've been working from home this evening for the past 2 hours, and now I'm pretty much spent. I still have laundry to finish. It may have to take a backseat tonight.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Oh I do hope you've managed to get the time off that you so very much need!

I'm trying desperately to get Xmas Eve off work so I can come home for the holidays. It's really not looking good and I really need a visit to SJ right now. Not to mention I'll be spending Xmas alone with Zoe if I don't come up there. Sigh.

Hopefully I'll have to a chance to get up there and we'll be able to get together! Crossing my fingers that it works out for both of us with work schedules!