Wednesday, March 13, 2013

New Pope

Pope Francis I was elected today, and my gut feeling is generally positive.  He doesn't look like the Emperor from Star Wars, so that will at least quell those comparisons.  Having a South American Pope is a step in the right direction.  From what little I know of him, his humility sounds promising and he would appear to be down-to-earth.  I am not surprised by his support of pro-life or homosexuality, nor do I want to comment on that myself.  Overall an interesting choice, and I'm glad it wasn't the Canadian cardinal.  After reading some of his comments, I wasn't impressed.

We'll see what unfolds.  I just hope he's more open-minded than Benedict XVI.  We don't need to change everything overnight, but some change is necessary in order for us to survive.

No comments: