Thursday, June 14, 2007

At least it's light out

I know why I picked this early morning flight - it was because I would get to Washington, DC early enough to do a few touristy things. I have to admit though that I was tempted to change my flight yesterday so I wouldn't have to leave so early.

I am not crazy about the fact that DC is a high crime area. I am usually a smart traveler, but being a small blonde woman walking around by myself, I'm not exactly at low risk. I think once I land and get settled at the hotel, I will seek out a guided tour. That way I am not walking around alone, and will likely see more than just wandering around by myself, trying to find things.

I haven't been looking forward to this trip. I don't get much out of traveling alone to somewhere I've never been that is known for its high crime rate. I'm only gone 2 days though, and will be back home again by suppertime on Saturday.

I am kicking myself now though for not following through on my plan to stop in Toronto overnight tomorrow night and go to my shoe store on Saturday morning. I just don't agree with my flight choices this time.

Time to board...

No comments: