Monday, March 31, 2008

Sometimes people actually listen to me

I've been thinking ahead to this summer, where I will enjoy some time outside in our all-too-short season. One of my favorite places to go is the Irving Nature Park. I have frequently seen, on a sign in the park or in the newspaper, various events that are held at the park. Inevitably, I forget to note them somewhere and end up missing out.

This is where Facebook comes in handy. I really like using Facebook to create or join, and attend, events. It conveniently reminds me of all the details in one spot, and helps me keep track of everything. Seeing what events my friends are attending also brings me the potential for new ideas or experiences.

I went searching yesterday for a Facebook group for the Irving Nature Park, but there isn't one. With all of the events they run in the summer and fall, especially for kids, I thought it would be a perfect fit. I emailed them yesterday to suggest it, and heard back from them today. They told me they did not currently have a FB page, but thought it was a great suggestion and would forward it on to the park manager.

Hopefully they decide to follow through and create a page and events.

No comments: