Monday, September 08, 2008

Fortune telling weather update

The conference I'll be attending in less than 2 weeks is in the Florida Keys, popular destination if you're a hurricane. I received an email today from the conference hosts entitled "weather update". I laughed. It made me wonder if they had some secret way of predicting the weather.

The email basically said they were keeping an eye on things, as is the resort, and that the resort has an extensive evacuation and disaster recovery plan. That isn't very comforting.

Here's what I know for sure: if there appears to be a hurricane headed for the Keys right before I leave, I won't be getting on that plane, evacuation plan or not. I think my company would prefer I stay alive over forfeiting some plane tickets and fees. At least until I start/finish documenting my job functions. :)

No comments: