Tuesday, March 14, 2006

No more Whammies

The host of Press Your Luck, my favorite game show growing up, died yesterday in a plane crash. Peter Tomarken and the Whammies entertained my younger brother and I every day. Click here to visit a great tribute site. Ah, the memories!

"Big bucks! No more Whammies.... and.... STOP!" It was classic mindless muttering, in the days before Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and the "well, it can't be C because I was born in Utah in 1956..."

"Big bucks? I'll show you big bucks!" [Whammy then brings out an elk].


No more Whammies, indeed.

4 comments:

canadianicewolf said...

Yeah - saddened to read that! It's a great show - love the game show network! :)

Uri R. said...

I love your blog design. Keep up the good work girl.

John said...

Died about 20 miles from me, very close to where we went to the beach.

Scott Thomas said...

We used to watch that show too. It was really high tech for its time. I still (to this day) say "Big bucks, No Whammies"