Friday, March 31, 2006

Road Trip

I spent 2 days this week driving around with a suitcase in my car, not knowing when I was going to have to get up and leave to go to the Evil City. Because it was Halifax that I was going too, all hell broke loose this week, equipment kept breaking. Finally I was able to leave on Wednesday around lunchtime. Didn't arrive in time to be able to do any work that night, but at least I finally managed to get there.

That night I met up with Cyn, whom I hadn't seen in quite a while. We had supper at Subway and then did some shopping around Bayers Lake. I got to see her and Roomie's new apartment. Really, really nice spot. They truly lucked out in finding it. It's only 3 years old and seems to be very quiet. Roomie didn't get home from work until about 11:30, so it was a late night for me as I wanted to meet him since I was down there. He seems like a great guy :)

Thursday I spent working all day. I visited all the locations, got to see lots of people I hadn't seen in a while, got to see renovations and changes also. I managed to get everything I wanted done in one day, which was nice.

Both days I had breakfast in Bedford at Great Canadian Bagel. Really miss not having one here. Their choco chip bagels are the best.

Met up with Cyn again last night at the Halifax Shopping Centre, where I finally found a shirt to go with the skirt I bought in Moncton a few weeks back. After that we hit supper at Jack Astor's, where I had steak. Really looking forward to BBQ season. We finished supper and hit a few more stores. Cyn got an amazing sale on a couple of items at Cotton Ginny and I got 3 things at Jacob Connexion. Mare: the regular Jacob store opened in Mic Mac a week ago. Didn't have time to make it to Mic Mac though.

Got up this morning, had breakfast and then hit the road. I had stops in Truro, Amherst, Moncton and am now back home again. On my way home I got a call from Fredericton, so now I have to leave in about an hour and meet someone between here & there to exchange broken for working equipment. I've been driving all day so I am not looking forward to hitting the road again, but I am only going as far as Welsford.

Also during my drive home my older brother emailed me to tell me he & my sister-in-law are making a whirlwind trip home today. He's buying a new truck and is coming down to pick it up. I hope they bring some of the wedding pictures with them so I finally get to see them... and my creepy red eye. I rarely get to see my brother, even more rarely when he comes here, so it will be great to see him again.

No comments: