Thursday, March 01, 2007


I'm feeling the jet lag today. I didn't begin to attempt sleep until 1:30am, and had to get up at 7am for work.

I had a tight connection and a bad flight yesterday. It started out by the plane sitting on the tarmac in Vegas for an hour, waiting for a storm to pass and a place in line to take off. Since I didn't have much time for a connection in Montreal even if things were on time, I was starting to wonder if I was going to have another overnight visit with my brother and SIL.

The flight itself was annoying, to say the least. The people in the row behind me seemed to enjoy using my chair back as support, so I got jostled around every time they moved. The man in front of me couldn't seem to decide if he was going to sit straight up or recline, and thus kept hitting my laptop. While trying to watch a movie through this, a flight attendant walked by and suddenly there was water all over my head and running down my neck. I was pretty pissed off, and about to point out to her that she should watch where she was going, but the speaker came on and they asked if there was a doctor on board. Complaining about water when someone is sick is petty, so I mopped myself up and silently thanked the fact that she hit me instead of my open laptop. When we landed, we needed to wait for EMTs to board before we were allowed off. I had to run for Customs, so I didn't have time to stop and complain about the water incident. I made it through Customs without a problem or wait, but then had the usual 20 minute wait for my luggage. It came off the belt and I grabbed it and ran for the agent. I then ran for the connecting baggage drop-off, and thankfully this time I made it. While I enjoy seeing my brother, I really just wanted to get home.

The flight to SJ was ok for the most part, with the exception of the guy sitting next to me who didn't seem to understand or care about having his carry-ons stowed. He had two, and they both sat at his feet. He had them between his feet, of course meaning that he encroached on my space. I am not a large person, but I like my personal space. I was annoyed, but didn't make a big deal out of it. At least I didn't get water dropped on me again.

I wasn't feeling too bad when I arrived at work this morning, but I'm now feeling pretty tired. I am looking forward to going home, starting the fire, hitting the couch, and catching up on the TV I recorded when I was away.


Rosyphant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosyphant said...

Glad to hear you're home safe and sound. Hopefully the paperwork will run smoothly now to help you be together forever soon :)