Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cordially invited

I just received an e-vite to attend the ECMAs. Hotel, transportation from the hotel to the Aitken Centre, and a couple of meals are included, all you need to do is find your own way to Fredericton. Too bad I don't really care that much about the east coast music scene, and it's also two days before I leave on my next trip, so taking up that much time right before I go isn't an option.

Nice to see that I am starting to get some benefits from having some contacts. Hopefully I'll see more of these. It's little side benefits like this that make my job a bit more bearable some days.

After checking if a substitution was ok, I turned around and offered this to my employee. His gf was excited to have the opportunity at a mostly-free trip. Everyone wins.

UPDATE: Oops. I misread the e-vite. It is just a concert featuring ECMA artists, not the actual ECMAs.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Nice to get invite regardless. :)

I've been contemplating going up for some of the events - the Tom Fun Orchestra who I saw Saturday night are playing, and I'd love to see them again.