Thursday, April 19, 2007

Things & things

I am gradually getting better. The last 2-3 days have seen me not needing to use cough drops, cough syrup, or Advil, so that is a definite improvement. I still have a cough, but it is not as bad as it was. Also am still quite tired. I can't seem to get enough rest.

Since the rain has ceased, my basement is now drying out. Hopefully by tonight I can return some items back to the floor.

I'm bored. It's not that I don't have a lot to do around the house, but that I can't get motivated to do any of it. I need to do some spring cleaning, especially the windows. I also need to continue getting items out of cardboard boxes and into plastic bins in the basement. The desk in my home office is piled with crap that needs to be sorted and filed, but I somehow seem to keep on ignoring it. I think what I need to do is make a to-do list so that I can concentrate on picking off one item at a time, instead of it feeling like I have more to do than I can handle.

There are a couple of tasks I want to make sure I tackle this weekend, though. One is to buy a mat I saw in a Home Depot flyer which goes under your BBQ to collect any stray drippings. With the weekend scheduled to be sunny, I'd like to break out the BBQ and grill something for a change. The second is to replace the filter(s) in my air exchanger. I haven't touched it since I moved in, and the filters are likely long overdue for a change. I also have a bunch of clothing and other items that need to be dropped off at Value Village.

I've been too much of a couch potato recently. I have been finding too many things on TV that I want to watch. Now that spring is here, and the daylight lasts longer, I need to get back to walking. I take walks for enjoyment, and rain and high winds are not enjoyable situations in which to walk. Thus my spring recommencement of regular walks has not yet begun. Today is pretty windy out, and I need to run an errand at lunchtime, so I think I will start back again tomorrow.

I may also try to go out and look at cars this weekend. My lease expiry date is only a few weeks away, and I need to know what I'm going to do. I'd prefer to have a new car, but only if I like it better than my current car. So, first step is to look at new cars and see if I like any of them. I plan on looking at the Saturn Aura, the Pontiac G6 and Grand Prix, and maybe a few others. If the Grand Am was still available, I'd be strongly considering getting it for a third time in a row. No-can-do this time though. I currently have $1859 in credits from using my GM Visa, so that will help the price a bit.

No comments: