Thursday, February 10, 2005

The b-pass lane

There are giant signs, in red, signifying the b-pass lane. There is also a blinky yellow light that grabs your attention. Why then do people insist on driving into this lane, see that there is no basket for their quarter, and just stop there, having a conversation with the commissionaire about how they're in the wrong lane? Some people are late and need to get somewhere. You are an idiot for going in the wrong lane. They let you drive a giant tanker truck, but it is obvious you can't read. They really can't make it any clearer for you. You are just an idiot. Don't do it again, asshole. I have places to go and I don't need you messing with my schedule.

6 comments:

Rosyphant said...

I totally agree. I can't count on my fingers how many times we have been caught behind one of these idiots. My other pet peeve is that the lane is only open during regular business hours. In most other cities where they have pass lanes for tolls, there is no commissionaire because they feel most people will figure it out. But sadly, not in Saint John.

Lisa said...

Yeah... There are so many people who are lucky I'm not in charge of natural selection.

Our culture is suffering from Reverse Darwinism. In the past, only the strongest, most intelligent creatures survived. Now, we provide the dumb and weak with money and, sometimes, homes so that they can breed a half dozen morons just like them. Before you know it, the stupid and lazy will outnumber the bright and hardworking. It's just not right.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, people are dumb as crap sometimes. But on the other hand, maybe the person was from another country, like Estonia, or perhaps Mozambique, and thus unfamiliar with our local transportation system. Didya think of that ? Huh? Huh?
Mare (watching Breaker Morant with my AP HIstory 12 posse)

liz said...

Driving a tanker truck that requires a special class of license from the province? Your argument is like a leaky bucket :P

Chris W said...

Ah, very good. You have discovered the keystone of the blogging world -- venting about random complete idiots. Your training is complete.

Also, I've had worse. Once, a truck driver stopped in the lane and started getting directions from the commissionaire. The guy even hauled out a map to consult. I was literally stuck there for five minutes.

Anonymous said...

Thus teh reason I go through the EMPTY lane, when possible. I learned early in my b-pass days not to follw people through the tolls.

Dave