Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Campaign update #1

I've now heard from 3 companies. Here's where I'm at:

Sears: wrote me back again last night after my response and said "We have directed this important issue to our Corporate Customer Service representatives, one of our specialty agents will be in touch with you soon to rectify this matter." Probably won't get anything out of it but at least it was not as stupid an answer as last time.

Future Shop: They wrote this morning and said: "We appreciate any feedback that will allow us to improve the service we provide consumers. Please be assured that we are currently re-evaluating all processes and procedures regarding our web site. Also, we are assessing the functionality of our web site to ensure it is more user friendly." I haven't written them back yet but when I do, I will point out the fact that they appear to have automated responses and obviously didn't bother to read a word I said.

Zellers: My first good response. They said: "Thank you for your email. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your request to our flyer distribution department so that they may add you to our mailing list. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for your first flyer to be delivered to you." Yay for Zellers. Thank you for actually reading my email, caring about what I said, and doing something about it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm not surprised that Zellers is taking the extra step. They are currently fighting an uphill battle against Walmart. They are trying desperately to rebuild their customer base, and to rid themselves of their 'bargain shop' image.