Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Unrelated ramblings

Is it just me, or does saying TJ now remind you of Tijuana after watching The O.C.? I love The O.C., a place full of only good looking people. Even Ryan's ex from Chino, the "scummy" neighborhood, was good looking. Her dirtbag fiance though, he wasn't. This show has brought me a new appreciation for Peter Gallagher. I didn't like him all that much in previous roles, but I think this just seems to make him a totally different actor, I am enjoying that. I don't mind the lesbian-exploration of Marissa storyline, though every time I watch it I can pretty much quote what my ex would be saying across town. Something along the lines of "nice!", with an inflection that can only be replicated by hearing and not reading, and he would be as giddy as a schoolgirl. Men and lesbians, it's a weird relationship. One which is not reversed - I can't think of any girl who would want to watch 2 gay men sleep together. Going shopping with them, though, is a different story :)

I think I have reached a new low - I am taping Alias tonight so that I am free to blog and iron the clothes I didn't do on Sunday. Sorry Michael Vartan, you didn't make my Valentine dreams come true so I have to dump you for ironing tonight. With all the men banging down my door and asking me out, I really could use a night off.... [jerks back into reality].... I haven't had a date in 5 years (living with someone does not count as a date, ha!). I find the older I get, the more I know what I want, which means I don't have any desire to date a bunch of guys just to have a date. Seems to me to be a waste of time... dating around helps you figure out what you do & don't like. I already know that. Let's bring on the guys looking to settle down. Someone whose favorite place to be is anywhere that has me in it (I think I've been reading too many trashy novels again). It's also my turn for a hot guy. I've had geek chic, but never a really hot guy. Who also goes to church. Tom Cruise is single again, and he likes the church... of Scientology. D'oh. This is why I will never find a man. It's a little scenario they like to call "impossible standards". What do you do when settling for someone doesn't work, and you have standards that are virtually impossible to meet? Nice catch-22, natch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also missed Alias as I was watching The West Wing. Good ol West Wing. It kind of sucks having to catch up to Alias on Sundays though. I mean, 4pm? WHo decided that crap time?!?!?! Brutal.

Lisa said...

I also don't get the eternal fascination that men have with the idea of two women being together. It may be because men have women (and sex) on their mind fairly often anyway. This is a combination of their two favorite things; sex and women. ^_^

Then again, I'm not a man; what do I know.

As for the whole dating thing: well, that can be tough. It's important to have standards, but don't let your list of 'must-haves' and 'must-be's' be the only way you choose a mate. I didn't think Anthony was my 'type' at all when we first starting hanging out, and look at us now. If you're friends, and you get that feeling, it should all work out. Good luck!