Monday, February 14, 2005

V day

Happy V day to one and all. V can stand for whatever you like it to be: Valentine, verb, vacuum, vortex, Venezuela... speaking of Venezuela, did you know that they are on the same time zone as we are? I think it would be cool to go to a foreign country and not have to change your watch. That's pretty geeky, I know, but I find it neat.


"You don't bring me flowers.... anymore."

So another V day has come and gone. No traditional fast-food Valentine's dinner that my ex used to do for us, it was a strange tradition but I find myself really missing it today. It was always a big joke but I think we both really liked doing it since it was sort of a way to buck the system.

No porch full of flowers from a secret admirer awaiting my return when I got home tonight. I'll keep dreaming.

I am actually not going to sit here and bash Valentine's Day, there are plenty of other people who sit around and do that. I am going to go out on a limb and say that I like Valentine's Day. Brave statement, I know. I am a sucker. As evidenced above, to me, it does not mean a fancy dinner. Something as simple as not working that night and spending time with your other half is really what I would look forward to. This time of year my ex would have to work late, so him actually coming home at 5:30 was a treat. So today I miss my ex, and our silly tradition, and hope he's not recycling it on anyone else.

Today also marks the 4th birthday of Hugs the Bear, also given to me by my ex on Valentine's Day. So a big Happy Birthday to Hugs, from me and all the rest of the zoo.

Started my day today by spilling CLR on my sweater. I rinsed it out and left it to dry, hopefully it will be ok. Also started the workday with an issue, which I managed to [hopefully] fix before leaving for belly dance class. Bad week for practicing again, I was supposed to practice last night but didn't. Next week we are going to review everything we've done in the last 4 weeks, so I absolutely have to practice this week. I did get a cd from the instructor, so now at least I can practice to music.

I accepted the chair position today. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully I don't have post-traumatic stress disorder flashbacks from having to think about accounting again. It also sucks not to have the ex there to ask questions to, he is way better than I am at it (which may explain why he passed the exam and I failed twice).

In response to the phone message I got tonight, yes, Franz Ferdinand does sound like 80s new wave... which explains why I thought to myself that was a good song :) Also really like the new Rob Thomas song, just heard it for the first time today, his solo cd is coming out shortly. As much as I don't like the whiny punk scene, I do like the new Green Day song, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, likely because it is not as whiny as others. What I am really loking forward to in the music department is the 20th anniversary special release of the Power Station, including some rare songs. 20 years? oy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey liz,

If you need to ask an account question ask my dad. He was, is? an account and hey if its for Church he's sure to help out.

Brian