Sunday, February 13, 2005

Strange Days Indeed

Before I blab about today, just a few words about last night, when I went to see Script Happens.
3 great plays, but I have to say the last was my favorite, and not just because I knew the writer & director. I can definitely relate to the rapid time flying, I have days like that. Those are not necessarily bad days though, I find the busier I am the better.

Some interesting things happened today.

Did my normal weekend routine of starting the stove. I also had a Finance Committee meeting at my church this morning at 11:30. Despite the fact that I was awake in plenty of time, I still left the house at the last minute, then at the bridge I realized I had forgotten my financial statements. Had to drop by work to pick up a laptop to take notes with, and then headed to church. I got there at 11:30 sharp but mass hadn't let out yet, so I drove home to pick up my sheets. I of course arrived back there 20 minutes later, but Father was just coming in so I wasn't teh last one to arrive :) It seems one of our members has decided to leave, he had been on the council longer than me (I think this is my third year?) Anyway, he was chair of the committee so we were now chair-less. Father asked me to consider taking over. I think this comes mainly from the fact that no one else wants to or has time to do it. But, if I sucked that badly, they wouldn't have asked. I've written the old chair to ask him what exactly is entailed in the position, so maybe I can get more of a feel for what would be involved. So I have that to mull over, but it looks like I'll be taking the position. Kind of scary, really. Especially considering the fact that I suck at accounting and don't like it, but it's not a career, just a volunteer position. As long as I put some effort in I'll be ok.

Headed off to the grocery store after the meeting, picked up some stamps so I could mail my goddaughter's birthday card. I am convinced that the role of godparent is really just another way to get a present. Now that sounds evil, but I don't think I'd be able to teach a kid anything about religion. I took 9 years of cathechism classes and all I remember out of it was various teachers telling various kids to be quiet. And my dad forgetting to pick me up a couple of times.

While in the grocery store I ran across a sale on prime rib, so after some thinking I picked one up and decided to invite my mom over for supper. Since she was working today, she'd be having an exotic meal of mini-wheats, so I thought if I am going to cook this it might as well be for 2 people to enjoy. So I had my mom over for dinner, and she didn't say anything crazy or upsetting and it was nice to be able to do something nice for her for a change.

Tonight I am going to watch the Grammys solely to be able to see U2. After that I may or may not keep watching. Also have to finish the laundry, do some ironing and practice some belly dance before class tomorrow night. I think I am ok with the basic walk. It's doing the 3 step turn fast that seems to be catching me up. Putting the movements together into a somewhat fast routine is challenging.

Anyway, Grammys have started and I have to go criticize the people who can't sing live. Bring on Bono already!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

The key thing to remember about being chair of anything: delegate! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, did you see the U2? with the winning and the singing and Bono being in the Tsunami song (it didn't entirely suck). Highlights: the Jamie Foxx/A Keys duet, that was rockin'; I enjoyed the histrionics of Jesus Walks, that congregation was groovin; but I think the best/most bizarre part was Loretta Lynn's speech.

OK but what was with Tim McGraw? He was in everything! He was like the house band!!!!
:P

liz said...

Ok, I don't like country, but even I have to agree with the masses that Tim McGraw is hot. I fell asleep not long after the southern rock tribute, so I missed a lot of what you were talking about. Glad to hear they got the awards for Vertigo though.