Tuesday, May 24, 2005

...and the rest

Well, seeing as how you took the time to stop by my humble [vitrual] abode, I guess I'd better write something.

I can sum up the rest of my weekend fairly quickly, since it consisted mostly of a big pile of nothing.

Sunday I got up, painted the picture frames, went out East to buy some household crap, read a magazine and then later in the evening Jenn, Stew and Brian came over and we watched Psycho. So we'll have to pick something else now to go with North by Northwest, but since I have plenty o' Hitchcock that won't be a problem. Take a look at the events section and tell me which weekend in June is better for you.

Monday I spent watching 3 out of 4 discs of Firefly. Yeah, 3/4 of the series in one day. One might call that a marathon. I think my word for it sounded more like "sloth". I broke somewhere in the middle to watch Desperate Housewives that I had taped the night before. Also gave myself the most accurate manicure I've ever done - only 1 or 2 corrections made during 2 coats. Can you feel the excitement?

That's basically why I haven't blogged since Saturday night... nothing really happened to talk about. Not much tends to happen when all you're doing is sitting on the couch watching DVDs. If it hadn't rained all f***ing weekend I would have been outside doing something, even if it was just sitting and reading. But noooooo. And from the looks of things, we've turned into the West Coast. Rain, rain, rain, rain, and did I mention rain?

Tonight I will have to get a walk in, if the forecast doesn't change it will be raining for the next 10 days.


Tucson, AZ

One thing I keep forgetting to mention. The annual conference I attend will be held this year in Tucson. The dates for the actual conference are Sept. 17-21, so I should be able to make it home in time for my birthday. Depends on if I want to spend a couple extra days on my own down there. I would have liked one more day in San Antonio last year, especially since I was one day short of the $750 exemption. So I am going to start thinking about that and exactly when I want to go, and whether I can afford an extra night or two on top of what is covered for me already.

3 comments:

mare said...

i vote for 24-25 june and i'm pretty sure jenn will too. except their grad is earlier than ours.

firefly... that's not sloth, that's normal when first exposed to the amazing brilliance of that television series. and now, a moment for us all to be bitter at fox...

liz said...

Yeah, but also included was me sitting on the couch eating popcorn, chips and chocolate. That was the sloth part.

Cyn said...

Hooray for Jenn finally seeing Psycho!
And I agree on the rain thing. We're now on day 18 straight. Ugh. Grrr. It's making me VERY cranky. And the west coast has sun predicted all week. Us here in H-town? Rain. Grrr.Grrr.Grrr.