Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Return of the little black poop

So yeah. Working away in my office this morning. Typing an email to a supplier. Happen to look up and see 2 little pieces of what had better be fuzz. Look a little closer and I know that stuff all too well - mouse shit.

On my desk.

Wonder if it got into the water glass I had on my desk that I drank out of a few minutes ago?

Wonder if it did a little dance on my phone, that I have had my hands all over this morning?

After informing someone to call the super and get pest control to come in, I could not pack up my stuff fast enough. Grabbed some essentials, transferred my email and I was outta there. I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin, barf, or both.

I used to have a stuffed moose on my monitor at work, but I moved it to home a few months ago. If I hadn't, I wonder if it would have crawled to the top of its head and shit on it, just like they did last year to my bears?

It would help if my co-worker didn't leave apple cores in our office garbage and then forget to set it out for the cleaners. Time to crack down.

Tomorrow I will be donning the rubber gloves and whatever is best at killing germs and disinfecting my office. Bleccchhhh!

I realize this is not the most rational reaction, but I DON'T CARE. After going through 2 months of having mice go through every single piece of my belongings, I quite frankly don't ever want to have anything to do with mice ever again. I will avoid it whenever possible, which is why I'll be working from home this afternoon.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Blah!! *shudders* I don't blame you for being grossed out! Filthy little things. :-S

Anonymous said...

Well, I can empathize perhaps better than most about your mouse issues. Those Lysol disinfecting wipes are WONDROUS for cleaning issues such as that. kick [co-worker] out of the office tomorrow and clean it to YOUR specifications, not the custodial staff and you will hopefully be able to stay in the room once more.

So, do you think they have issues with stuffed bears because they are bigger and intimidating, or simply because they know you love the bears more than you love them?
;-D

liz said...

Mice that aren't house pets are filthy. They'd be better off wearing diapers, since they crap their way everywhere while running.

Oh I know they're smart. We dubbed them "MacGuyver" last year. They'd run up pipes. They'd walk around traps. I was prepared to see them swinging from the rafters.

There will be a lot of the using of Lysol wipes tomorrow, that is for sure. If I had actually seen it run across my desk, I wouldn't have even stopped to grab my stuff.

I don't know why they picked on my bears, other than to declare war with me. Because such actions truly are a declaration of war.

canadianicewolf said...

ROFL!!! In my minds' eye, I see the bears wearing military helmets, clasping bayonets in hopes that a mouse will run over them and be killed instantly! ROFL!!

liz said...

v. funny!

Anonymous said...

Liz, You handled it much better than I would have... I hate mice sooo bad I might have "torched" everything and called it a day ;-)
I'm sure once you do a little clean-up you'll feel much better... 'a suggestion', I use Windex for EVERYTHING! Spray your desk and phone and you'll be smiling again in no time :-)
Peto

mare said...

it's all about the mice with little bayonets.

they also built little bitty trenches, with little bitty helmets to wear in their little bitty dugouts, with little bitty machine guns to strafe poo across the room.