Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My f***ing car is dented

So I just got back from lunch and notice a deep gouge right under the passenger side mirror. F***. Like I don't have enough to repair on this car already. Scratched the paint, friggin deep gouge. I don't know if it happened in the hotel parking lot or here at work. I think it happened at the hotel but I'll never get anywhere with that.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This car has enough bad luck as it is, it's a magnet for damage. I can't afford to fix this stuff but I have to because it's a lease.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Crap. :-(

Dre said...

You may be able to wait with getting it fixed. For starters, they usually forgive anything smaller than a credit card. I lease as well and I used to drive an Echo. Imagine my surprise when I went out to my car one day ( I have resdential parking on Germain St.) and there was an ass-sized dent on the hood and a bunch of smaller dents across the roof as someone had runacross my car. I went to my ato dealer and they recommended talking to an auto-body guy - who popped the hood back for no fee but the roof would be expensice. My dealer told me to wait and worry about it when my lease was up. turns out I have more scrapes and dents by the end of my lease, but I only had to pay for the roof to get fixed. still it's a pain to have to worry about your vehicle when you're leasing. I wish I was there to catch the bastard who dented my car. Anyway - hopefully your dent isn't too bad. :-)

Scum said...

Musta been the same people that walked on the Tiburon when we lived uptown.

Just buy it out when the lease is up. then you don't have to fix it.

mare said...

i'm feeling your pain due to the big-ass rock gouge i have on my door, as you may recall, that sounded like i was being shot at when it happened. it went through the paint too.

meanwhile, i put touch-up paint on it to keep it from rusting until i can afford to get it fixed. as i too will have to fix it before i turn my lease back over.

and walking over the car? freaky.

Scum said...

Drunken SJers. The only thing that ever sucked about licing up town was not having off-street parking. If you see houses for sale uptown, let me know. :)