Thursday, May 26, 2005

It's Thursday, not Friday

I've been having this weird thing this week where I think it's a day ahead of where it really is. I spent most of yesterday thinking it was Thursday instead of Wednesday. Today I know it's not Friday but it doesn't feel like Thursday. Maybe Wednesday and Thursday swapped themselves inside my brain.

So tonight I am off to see Episode III at the 7:45pm showing with Chris, Jenn and Stew. Keeping my expectations low. Most have commented that it's better than I or II, but I am not all that keen on either Natalie Portman or Hayden Christiansen, they tend to not act and kind of ruin things a bit. But we'll see. I'll keep an open mind, while at the same time not expecting it to be the best movie I've ever seen.

Today I am supposed to be having the electricity hooked up in my basement by my Dad's cousin, who is an electrician. I only have a couple of working plugs down there so it will be nice to get things operational in the other rooms. Also good to have more lights working on their own switches. I am going to head home at lunch and check on the progress, and I remembered I want a light switch for the rec room as you walk in the basement door - something I hadn't thought of until now.

I put the finishing touches on the Wall of Infamy last night. The pictures are up! Not easy trying to get things level when you're short and standing on a stepstool. I also now understand why carpenter pants are so handy and wished I'd had a pair while dealing with the hammer. Mare now has a lot of representation on that wall - I think you get the award for most appearances on the wall.

Now if I can just convince someone to hem my curtains... :P

2 comments:

Dre said...

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday as well. What a disappointment for an already short work week. Sigh. Maybe it's the weather. All I can say is I am thankfull to have what feels like an extra free weeknight to get more stuff done before the weekend!

Lisa said...

Hayden actually does a good job looking mean. When he doesn't speak, he's great! :-P I'm not a huge fan of the franchaise, but I did enjoy it.

Someone said last night (I think it was Alex, but it may have been Micah) that Lucas doesn't particularly care about the actors or the dialogue. He said that Lucas seems to just use the actors to get from one special effect to another. It's kind of true... At any rate, there were actually a few moments during this one that reminded me of the original 3. I and II could not boast that!