Friday, May 06, 2005

Help me Super 7!

Blaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That is about all I am capable of saying this fine Friday afternoon, stuck in my office, where outside it is beautiful and sunny. Theoretically I could grab a laptop and go sit outside and work, but I am sure I'd get some strange looks from my co-workers. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't going to rain all weekend. I feel robbed of a nice day.

So I am back home again after a 4 day stint in Moncton. The work I went up there for turned out ok, a couple of things I am not pleased with but I'll just have to work through them. I have to go back up again next week to tie up a few things.

I have no energy, the office was the last place I wanted to be today. I don't think it would have mattered what mood I was in, when I walked in here it dropped. This is becoming a more frequent occurrence and I'm not sure what to do about it, whether I need an attitude adjustment or a new job.

On Dre's suggestion I checked out more info on my dented car. The damage is bad enough that I would be penalized on the lease return. Plus it's scraped right down to the metal and will rust if I don't do something about it. While in Moncton yesterday I stopped by the dealership and got an estimate. It will be roughly $350 to fix. I hate this. I didn't do anything wrong, yet I have to pay for it. When I dropped the printer on my car, yeah, that was my fault and it was stupid and I paid to have it fixed. I can't stand paying for things I didn't have a part in damaging. It's not fair. But "fair" is a place you go to get on rides.

They called and said my BBQ grills were finally all in. I went to pick them up at lunch and only 3/4 of them were there. The supplier only shipped 1/2 of the main grill, which also made them realize they needed to charge me $32.95 for each half. If the supplier had sent both pieces I might have gotten away with a 2 for 1 special. D'oh. So I have most of them, and the last piece should be in by next Thursday or Friday. Now to figure out how to install the upper racks???

I got home around 5 last night and spent the evening to myself unpacking and unwinding. Even got up the gumption to start the walking routine, so I was out for an hour. The new jacket I bought for walking does cut the wind well, but my ears seem to be most susceptible to wind and were stinging by the time I got home. Going to try and get my walk in as soon as I get home tonight, then probably head to Lisa's karaoke. Need to bring my mood up.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

That sucks about the bbq grill. I'm sure it's all going to be worth it in the end for the super duper yumminess of a new grill. As for the pain in the a$$ car I'll trade ya that for my ex. He's at it again - oh yes 3 am even! It just doesn't stop! Glad you've decided to try to find the summer groove with walking, etc. I had started but after this latest round with the psycho I won't dare. I will have to find something else productive and movement related to do! Hooray for new bbq grills!