Sunday, May 08, 2005

Weekend Update

Friday

After my soul-draining day at work, I headed home for a half-walk. Got that in and went home, changed and picked Jenn up and we headed for karaoke with Lisa. We hung out with SubstituteMare, who I think wins the award for most karaoke songs sung that night. A literally painful [for him] rendition of Jenny/867-5309 which we laughed our asses off at. Hope your back is feeling better, Scott :)

Since neither Mare nor I had eaten supper, we headed to Vito's with Scott and Jenn and basically acted silly. Scott ordered 2 desserts, I complained about not getting a roll with my salad, which Scott subsequently asked for on my behalf. It was yummy! All in all a good evening. Though I still could taste the garlic the next morning... they certainly use a lot at that place.


Saturday

Jenn and I took a day trip to Calais to go pick up some items at the PO box. My cd did arrive, so I am now the proud owner of the soundtrack for Sideways. Good cd, we listened to it on the way home. There is actually a song called "I'm Not Drinking Any #@%!$ Merlot!" Jenn had some great luck with clothing & shoes. I got my usual groceries I can't get here, and found an awesome set of tiki head patio lanterns which will go excellently with the Hawaiian luau. Also bought a string of regular patio lights that weren't paper like the ones at Pier 1, so while they can't be left out in the rain, should be able to withstand the fog a little better.

While we were driving we came up with a slogan for May, my anti-dating month: "It's May. Go Away!" and the extra tagline of "See you soon, in June". Every bad month deserves a slogan.

We got home late from Calais and still had to shower before heading to Scott T's for the Cinco de Mayo party. I think we got there around 8:30... a little more than fashionably late but I did bring my sombrero to color things up. Nothing stands out better than a giant purple sombrero. There will be pictures of me appearing to be passed out drunk holding tequila bottles, and as much as some would like to believe that was true, sadly, they were just props. The pic of Scott T with the sombrero on and holding waffles is definitely making the wall of shame, if Dre would be so kind as to send me a copy of her pics? Scott, please send me yours as well when you have a chance. I was cursing myself for forgetting my camera. So a big thanks to Scott and Allison for hosting, the food was awesome and I had a great time! Looking forward to the outdoor dinner party idea.


Sunday

Today was Mother's Day, but since my mother isn't speaking to me, I had nothing Mother's Day-ish to do today. So I enjoyed my day without the usual guilt of trying to do something big enough to make my mother happy. [sighs and relaxes]

Slept in until about 11am or so. Woke up around 9:30 and could have gone to church this morning but the thought of screaming crying kids and the guitars at the morning mass just wasn't motivating me so I decided to go to the Cathedral later instead.

I accomplished a few things today. I was out shopping for an hour or so to pick up some milk and some foam brushes so I could paint the frames I bought at IKEA for some more Wall of Shame pictures. Didn't actually get around to painting the frames today but I have the table set up, the materials are out and maybe some night this week I will get that done.

I moved the small shelf I had in the Blue Room out into the living room to put some videos and DVDs on. Too many MST episodes so I kept them in the box and put other stuff out instead. Realized how much crap I have in this room. For the most part, my house is pretty immaculate. Everything has a spot, is neat, tidy and orderly and it rarely gets untidy before I clean it all up again. This is mainly an intense reaction to the 3 year living like [with] a slob in which our apartment was so messy that I was embarassed to have anyone over. When we would throw a party it meant a couple of full days of cleaning up, usually mostly by me, because his standards of what he would allow the place to look like to other people were pretty low. Now that I am on my own and free of the human tornado, I like to keep things really clean; the only exception to that being the Blue Room. This is the room I tend to dump stuff in or throw stuff around. It's too big of a job and I haven't felt like tackling it yet. I will have to sometime soon.

Weird cd change there, I was playing the soundtrack to Sense and Sensibility, which finished and changed to the next cd, which is Rob Thomas.

Also cleaned out a Rubbermaid bucket to keep the BBQ tools in outside. Bought a new scraper/brush, and a gas gauge for the tank. Looking forward to this week, which looks nice weather-wise. Maybe I can get some BBQing in. Need to install those new grills too once it stops being wet.

Sunday night always seems to come too quickly. I am looking forward to that long weekend coming up for the extra day off. I didn't practice any dance today, the couch and taped episodes of Law & Order were more appealing. This week they had a crossover between SVU and TBJ that guest starred Alfred Molina and Angela Lansbury that was really good.

Almost 11pm... it's about that time. Another weekend come and gone, and I am already looking forward to the next one. First one in a while with no pre-scheduled plans actually. Wonder what it will bring?

3 comments:

mare said...

did angela lansbury solve some sort of crime using her folksy charm?

liz said...

No, it was more of a Manchurian Candidate-mother reprisal. Not Murder, She Wrote at all.

Lisa said...

Scott was a close second but Kizzy definately won for most songs sang. She had two more than Scott for a total of 9. I really appreciate his considerable effort though. ^_^