Thursday, March 17, 2005

Am I sure it's St Paddy's Day?

That's been a question that crossed my mind tonight. It seemed to be a most un-St. Patrick's Day. I wore a green sweater today. Someone at work had a hat on. Other than that it wasn't feeling too green really. Maybe because I'm not uptown inamongst the celebrations, which I hear we still have, but then again in SJ, most people are apathetic about anything and everything.

Feeling a little calmer today. Work managed to settle down again, for now anyway. No calls for the ex. No messages from mother.

Tomorrow night I am off to see Evita, and I send out a hearty "break a leg" to my friends who are involved. Can't wait for the show, I will enjoy it immensely.

Saturday morning is the big U2 concert ticket buying. I've paid my dues this week, with any luck I'll be able to end the week with a nice ol' concert ticket to see the biggest band in the world. I always find concert ticket buying extremely stressful. I just hope to be able to get through.


And now a message for a friend of mine, who hasn't yet formally made an announcement, I give you the words of Bob Seger:

Shakedown, breakdown, honey
Just about the time you think that it's alright
Breakdown, takedown, you're busted

Ha ha, you are so busted!! But seriously, congratulations. You've put in a lot of hard work to get here, and it's finally here. I am very glad that it has finally paid off for you, and will end a period of seemingly endless unknowns. Nice to have a firm answer, and have it be the one you want. No more retail, no more crooks, no more teenagers' dirty looks!

4 comments:

Cyn said...

How about an AMEX card so you don't have to wait on hold for future concerts? Amex card holders get priority tickets for most concerts! Just a thought for ya!

Chris W said...

Yes, Chris = Happy.

mare said...

oho, i am totally referring to chris as happy from now on. it's even better as that's the dog's name on 7th heaven.

what, my mother watches it.

how are we doing the tickets anyway? what's the logistics re: money money money money... money!

Scum said...

Don't you mean, "Money, what is it good for?"