Saturday, March 26, 2005

Christfest 2005

So the big All About Jesus Good Friday Easter Egg-stravaganza (a.k.a. Christfest 2005) just wrapped up. An evening with The Passion, South Park's Passion of the Jew, and Jesus Christ Superstar (featuring our own live chorus!) Thanks to those who came! I still seem to have a lot of candy left over, which makes me feel not so bad for eating all the Hershey's kisses myself over the past 2 weeks.

After watching The Passion at home on my TV, though big-ass, I think I did prefer seeing it in the theatre. Having it "larger than life" seemed to have even more of an impact.

South Park's Passion of the Jew was ok, but actually not as funny as I thought it would be. A little too much time wasted on the "crazy Mel Gibson" stuff.

JCS was, of course, the main portion of the evening. Singing along was encouraged, and that we certainly did :D Still can't believe Lisa had never seen the show or heard the music... hope you liked it ;) Definitely want to practice the kickline for next year.


Thursday

Went to church Thursday night for Mass. My mother also decided to attend, which was odd because she never used to go to this mass. That kind of brought me down. I find it wrong that she can attend church and recite the Lord's Prayer, yet can't forgive me for [apparently] putting laundry ahead of her. One of the main themes is forgiveness, she should remember that.

Also there were guitars... I am somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to music in church. We have a beautiful over-100 year old Cassavant organ, so I like to hear it in use as much as possible. I really dislike guitars being used in church. They're always done tastefully, it's just a personal preference. It seemed to bring a lightness (can't think of a better word) to mass that just didn't fit with me as the priest was walking around the church with the Blessed Sacrament. The washing of the feet was performed on a very large family in our church, that part was nice, but I did miss the various parishoners dressed in Roman costumes. It wasn't until Mass proper was over, and people sat/knelt quietly during Exposition that I felt comfortable again, left in silence with my thoughts and reflections.

Yup, I think I just gave a review on a Mass. Going to hell again.


Good Friday

Today was Good Friday. Started off the day doing party prep, cleaning, and getting things out of the way. Picked up Jay and we headed to Mass. Thanks for coming with me - I appreciated the company :)
No reviews of Good Friday Mass ;)

Came home to finish the prep. Stopped for a minute to take a picture of the pathetic setup I had for my surround sound speaker, propped up on a table, books, and plastic drawer. It looked pretty sad, but I wanted to get it off of the back of the couch so it wouldn't hit someone in the head as they sat down. So I took a picture of it and emailed it to older brother as a desperate yet humorous plea to come home and set it up properly :D Had a quick visit with my deck, I must say deck that I miss you and can't wait to spend more time with you this summer. Jay had a good idea on the placement of the screen for the potential Live Aid 20th anniversary outdoor screening I am thinking about for July. I think that will work well for avoiding direct sunlight and provide "stadium seating" at the same time. Now all I need is landscaping!! We sat and had a chat about the crazy mother scenario of this week and discussions of various 80s songs/artists and before I knew it, people started arriving for the party.


Saturday

Technically it's now Saturday as I write this. I'm having a couple of friends over this afternoon to practice the belly dance routine, providing my back will hold up. Wish I could stretch it out a little better. Might help if I wasn't slack in the yoga department this week... upward and downward dog might do the trick. I'll have to make sure to do some before they get here as my warmup.

Tonight I am off to Easter Vigil, looking forward to that since it is my favorite mass. The first part especially. I will save that discussion for later. Enough with the church stuff already, another review of a mass? Nah, more like why it's my favorite mass, what it means to me, and how it fits in with that elusive other half I have yet to find.

Looking forward to karaoke after church as well. Yes, that is an odd combination of events for a Saturday night out.


Thanks!

Just want to say thanks for all the people who've complimented me on my blog, I received another very nice compliment tonight. I am actually having a blast writing it, I really enjoy it, whether I have readers or not. Having 20-some comments in one day though is pretty cool ;)

It really helps to get the feelings out on certain topics, or to just be able to ramble on about stuff. Often I don't say as much to people in person out of fear of boring people, monopolizing the converstion, or that maybe people won't hear me. I have always been better with the written word than the spoken word. The fact that people find this blog entertaining is the cherry on the sundae. Or the ham on my plate ;)

A couple of funny things I find about this blog... one is that with the volume of stuff I post, some things get left in the shuffle. For instance, the lack of comment from Dave on the fact that I said I had chicks in my living room. Have to say I was expecting something from you on that ;) The other thing is that I have no secrets anymore... not that that is a bad thing. Part of life is getting to know other people, so my throwing most everything out on here goes along with that. The more people get to know me, the more I'm glad that they're interested in sticking around :D


p.s. to Jay - do you have I Want You Back by Sherry Kean in your collection? Just downloaded that today after seeing the video on MMM Retro, I had forgotten it existed. Now there's a video with 80s dancing :D

4 comments:

mare said...

oh, that DID have some bad 80s dancing.

*shudder*

Scum said...

Well, I commented on your suit slut movie... Sometimes I read at work and don't take the time I should to properly comment... Other times the response of the web site is so slow, I can't be bothered to wait for the comment to post. :(

Lisa said...

Thanks for the invite to the Christfest Liz! I did enjoy myself; even the sing-along. :-P

Anonymous said...

You need to find more of Sherry Kean's music. I had my LP collection destroyed in a flood 1o yrs ago and had forgotten about her music until I heard "I want you back" a few weeks ago. I had been searching for it ever since and finally was able to download it. I am now trying to download "Mixed Emotions", another great song of hers.