Monday, March 21, 2005

So you want me to walk, shimmy, AND breathe?

I had been told that belly dancing was a workout. With each week that goes by, I realize this more and more. She had us [attempt to] shimmy while we walked, and I have a tendency to hold my breath because I am trying to concentrate. This is going to require a heck of a lot of practice.

We did our dance routine again tonight, which I had been practicing all week (thankfully!!) From what I could see as I was spinning around, some of the rest of the class is lost, they can't remember the steps. I've been writing them down every week, as well I usually practice for a bit after I get home from class to solidify it. I wish the room we practice in was bigger though, as we do a few side movements and I run out of room before I can finish all my steps. I think all in all I did pretty well tonight, I certainly felt good coming out of class for a change, instead of feeling like crap. My back is hurting though, so I don't think I'll be getting any more done tonight. We have our 10th class on Wednesday night, so tomorrow night I'll have to practice away and get this stuff down cold.

Not much else happening today other than blog replies, 22 today, holy crap. I am going to put MST night into its own post here in a minute.

Oh, my brother wrote me with pictures of a model home, the plan he & his soon-to-be fiance are looking at building this summer. Wow. Nice pad. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, double garage. This is probably where we'll be staying on the U2 trip. Sorry you won't get to see the Indiana Jones living room, unless they decide to incorporate it somehow. I'll have to ask him about that.

3 comments:

mare said...

bwa! i want to see the indiana jones living room again! it was awesome!!! tell mark he has to move it. i would personally paint the map for him on the wall which would complete the whole thing, if he does.

i mean, except that i live in saint john. but i'm off in the summer and i'm insane enough to go to montreal to paint a mural.

Scum said...

I vote for shimmy.

Anonymous said...

MST? Not Mystery Science Theatre? If it is, I'll have to cart my collection down over the summer for some hard-core viewing!!!! My wife is the only one I know who gets it. Would be great to be in the company of others who share the same twisted sense of humour!!
- Gates