Monday, March 14, 2005

You lose some, you lose some

Rough day at work today. I ran into yet more opposition on some changes I want to make. Unfortunately they involve spending money. Everything I want to do involves spending money. So I got yet another "NO!" today. As well as implied incompetence again on another issue. If anyone knows of a good IT job hanging around, let me know.

As is usual when I am having a bad day, I got an email from my mother (this is a direct quote):


Melissa,

Would you please , at your earliest convenience, drop my garage door opener off in my mail box.

Mother


Well. This obviously has to do with me being curt and a little mean to her the weekend before last. Little bit of a delayed reaction but not unexpected. I wrote her back and said I guess that meant she was mad at me and didn't want to see me. Then I apologized for how I acted and said it wasn't right of me. I am sure that will elicit a response from her along the lines of "you didn't mean that apology" or "it was a coerced apology". Yeah, I should have apologized sooner, and I didn't, but I am apologizing now. The mother roller coaster is not a fun ride. I want to get off now. Somehow I became the adult and she has regressed to the spoiled child role. [sighhhhhhhh].

Our belly dancing hafla was moved to April 3rd, so it is not this coming weekend after all. That will give me more time to experiment with food. We're putting 2 classes in next week so we have a week off, then we start Beginner II the week after Easter. Glad to hear that we can get one more round of classes in before the summer. My instructor is going to give me the name of a place I can go in Montreal to buy clothing, as I need my own hip scarf if I'm going to keep this dancing up. It will be nice to go somewhere and have lots of choice.

The All About Jesus Good Friday Easter Egg-stravaganza is coming together. I think I have 9 people confirmed for all or some of it. And for those who asked, no, there won't be an easter egg hunt. I don't think I can pull that off. But there will be plenty of eggs around, since I can't have any candy shaped like bunnies, I had to buy a bunch of egg-shaped candy. I am, however, managing to eat all of the Hershey's Kisses I intended to save for the party. Oh well, it's not like there isn't 5 other kinds of candy too.

That's about it for me today. Feeling kind of defeated on a bunch of fronts so I am going to hit the couch, watch Days and yell at the TV.

3 comments:

Cyn said...

What's this I hear about an egg-stravaganza??? Now this does sound definitely intriguing. Hmmmm.....

Rosyphant said...

I am super duper excited about the Easter egg-stravaganza... JCS is so much fun to watch... and sing along with :)...

At some point in the not too distant future we must also watch Godspell... mmmm... young Victor Garber singing with a fro... its like the direct opposite of his role in Annie :)

mare said...

i still totally think alias needs to do a musical ep where syd is undercover in a cabaret act and is compromised, but who will they be able to send in to extract her without upsetting the apple cart? vaughn furrows his brow, marshall tries to say something but doesn't, and sloane just looks over at jack...

come on, that would totally rock.