Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Yeah, I'm still here

So no persistent updates from me over the past few days, I've been busy. I do have to work and make money to pay my mortgage :)

Spent yesterday in Moncton and didn't get home until about 11:15pm, then my dad called from Vegas, then I had to catch up on the day's email and blogs, so it was late by the time I [screw off Outlook reminder] finally got into bed. I'd like to be able to get to bed before midnight some night this week.

Got lots of work done in Moncton, then headed off to the mandatory trip to Costco for my 100' kink-free garden hose for the excellent price of $20.99. Don't have a garden. Don't have a lawn. But I NEED a hose. Honestly, I really do. I will have some kind of yard someday. Plus I need to have the ability to hose things down. Like my garage floor. Or my car. Or annoying people who walk by, as I wear a handkerchief on my head and swat at imaginary elves.

Also managed the quickest trip to Champlain Place ever. Displeased with Eddie Bauer's spring clothing, the colors really don't do much for me. And that whole $80 shirt thing just makes my brain do circles in my head. From there I decided I would have enough time to peruse the Gap, and ended up buying a nice shirt there. Regular price $49.50 (totally unreasonable), sale price $19.99 (much more reasonable). Why can't they just sell things more cheaply in the first place? One more thing to add to that pile of ironing that has been sitting there for 3.5 weeks. Really need to get that done, I am running out of unwrinkled pants.

Unfortunately I didn't get to Leonidas for chocolate, I ran out of time. Very disappointed. But there will be more trips to Moncton, of that I am sure.


A while ago I had someone ask me for laptop-buying advice. The one thing I told them was not to buy a Dell laptop, I have never met one that has worked well yet. So they ignored my advice and bought one. Now it is sitting in front of me, apart. I shake my head at it. Dell really does have good service, I should have the parts by the end of the week. The bad part is, they NEED good service. Their desktops are fine, never had a problem there. But their laptops.... seriously, I have been personally acquainted with at least 10 and they all sucked. It's unfortunate, but that appears to be the way it is. They also weigh a ton - how in the heck do people carry them around without hurting themselves? Just bought a brand new Toshiba laptop (not for myself) and it has a slightly larger screen and is as light as a feather, certainly compared to this one. I've also been attempting to rescue the data off of this before it totally croaks. If anyone is looking for Carmen Electra bathroom 3way.mpg, I know where to find it. [still shaking head]

4 comments:

Chris W said...

Wow. That was something to scan quickly. "Carmen Electra" and "3-way" caought my eye, and with a thought of "WTF?!" I had to read that a little more carefully. Geez.

Scum said...

Hmph, very strange.

Our standard at work (and I work under a large umbrella, don't forget) is the Dell lattitude D600. Other than the one that totally crapped (EVERYTHING was replaced, except the case basically; and as you say, their service is good) we haven't had a problem. Then we went for Lattitude 100L series for a downscaled version on the cheap. We got 5 of those and haven't had serious problems with them either. We plan on getting more, because we have had such good success. Our guys use these things in the field to program stuff. Thanks goodness for XP.

liz said...

That'll teach you to just scan my blog. You never know what you may miss.

scum: I dunno, maybe it's just that Dell laptops hate me. But I've seen too many to not notice a pattern. It's like me and Halifax, we just don't get along.

mare said...

i like my dell. but it is a heavy mofo.

how many of the guys do you think you caught with the carmen electra 3-way bit?