Monday, March 28, 2005

Whirlwind

Yeah, so a lot has happened since my last blog. For once in my life, I will give the short version (and the world breathes a sigh of relief!)

Got a couple of phone calls just before heading to church on Saturday. One was regarding my grandfather having what we think was a mini-stroke on Friday night. I was over to see him yesterday to do his tax return ("because nothing says I love you like doing someone's taxes for them"). He seemed better, so hopefully nothing more will come of it. He'll be getting another checkup next week.

The other phone call was slightly more complicated. What it boiled down to was my mom lied to my brother about something, and my brother has now surpassed me on the mother hit list. I'm not the worst! But this scenario really threw me for a loop. I headed to church after that and while I enjoyed the mass, I couldn't keep that out of my head for most of it. So no blog on how much I love Easter Vigil. Plus there were guitars again. Booooo.

After church I headed over for karaoke. Had a blast, I needed some time to forget my troubles and act silly. Being a David Byrne backup dancer certainly helped that. Again, Scott M, we were not laughing *at* you, we were laughing at ourselves. So hard we had to go in the hallway, then the bathroom to calm down. Then there was another sad kickline. And backup go-go dancing. Let's just say I got up and danced like a fool a few times. All without drinking!

Had an excellent Easter ham dinner at Mare's last night, for which I am extremely grateful. My other mom loves me enough to invite me to ham dinner. It was delicious. As was the watching of firth-age before dinner. I didn't end up seeing the rest of the firth-age because I was on a mission last night. There will be a blog with the results of that later. A photo essay, if you will. hehehehehe.... Remember, I embarrass myself for your entertainment.

Jody is so excited that she's going to U2 that she's now telling random people over the phone that we're going. I just had someone come in my office and say "just heard you're going to U2". I said yeah, who told you that (thinking it was someone who was in the office the day we were here buying tickets)? She said "Jody [last name]" My co-worker had placed a call about not receiving her flyers and Jody must have seen the caller id and asked if we worked together. You're a nut!!!!

5 comments:

mare said...

jody is insane. this is why we like her. she has a blog now btw which i'm plugging
http://p-whack.blogspot.com/

and you all say i'm the one obsessed with the gangsta lingo.

Chris W said...

So... where are those embarassing photos, eh?

liz said...

Hey, I said I'm working on it. I still need pics from the most recent one. Getting those on Friday night while the rest of you are at geek-out movie.

Chris W said...

The most recent what now?

liz said...

Stop trying to reveal the subject of my forthcoming photo essay! It's a surprise, complete with 80s lyric title. Should have it up this weekend. Masterpieces do take time to put together, after all. :P