Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Need the spa today

Jenn and I were talking about a girls' trip to the day spa. I could really use that today, my lower back is killing me. I think it has something to do with attempting to shovel snow, water and slush last night (obviously to no avail). Desperately need a massage. Can also really use a manicure. And when the season comes, a pedicure. One cannot wear her normal woman shoes without the proper pedicure.

I actually give a pretty good manicure for someone who hasn't been trained. I think that's mainly because I am anal and pay attention to detail.

I lost power this morning because there was a power pole that snapped off across the street from MediTrust, and they closed the road while they fixed it. I hung out here until the power came back on and then headed in to work. Like there was any way I was going to manually raise the garage door. I'm sure it's not that heavy but we all know how frail I am.


Now a couple of links for the geeks, of which I am included especially since I found them:

This one discusses the use of pass-phrases instead of passwords. Very interesting.

http://blogs.msdn.com/robert_hensing/archive/2004/07/28/199610.aspx


This one is from the same site, making fun of a Microsoft article on leet speak:

http://blogs.msdn.com/robert_hensing/archive/2005/02/18/376094.aspx


I am off to do my yoga and then settle in with my favorite TV man, Michael Vartan. Though I have found a secondary man, Kirk Acevedo from Law & Order, Trial By Jury. Hey Mare, he was in Band of Brothers.

2 comments:

mare said...

well, liz, had you given me info like kirk acevedo's name other than "new tv guy" i could have told you he was in band of brothers. in fact, he was really good in band of brothers. the scene where he loses his leg is awesome. that's an odd word to use but it is.

mare said...

ooooh, also, i have to go get a manicure for THE WEDDING and i'm thinking of getting gel nails. we should go do a spa day, next month maybe, so i can try out the manicure experience.

not that i have any fingernails.