Tuesday, March 22, 2005

To the jerk who refused to use the sidewalk

The perils of winter often bring with it sidewalks that are unusable. Filled with snow and ice, if they have not been plowed, it is often much easier to walk on the street.

Today, however, save for a bit of sand, I can plainly see the sidewalk. As I drove down Main St, you were walking on the street, a couple of feet out from the curb. Not really swerving to avoid you, you gave me the "what the f***" arm gesture. What I'd like to know is, what the f*** are you doing walking down the middle of the street when the sidewalk is clear? Do you have a phobia of sand or something? How can you be indignant that I dare drive down the street you are walking on, Mr. I'm-too-good-for-the-sidewalk? I don't drive down the sidewalk acting indignant that people are walking on it, because clearly, the sidewalk is the area where I am supposed to be driving.

Next time I see you, I will be sure to drive down the sidewalk after you yelling "how do you like me NOW?"

8 comments:

Scum said...

This reminds me of the ass I saw walking down the middle of the road in the rifle range one day. Granted, the sidewalks weren't perfectly clear... But he was walking in the middle of my lane, with 3 feet of clear road to his other side. I dam near clipped him with the passender mirror, cuz be damned if I'd cross the center line for some stupid pedestrian.

Anonymous said...

Why is that so easy to picture you doing? Scary.

He must not have been wearing a suit, else all would have been forgiven.

Anonymous said...

Stressful day, Liz?

I'm sorry, but I'm sitting here at work, shaking my head, HOWLING!! Thanks for the laugh - I needed it!!!

And Stew, I concurr...it is all too easy to see Carlos in my mind's eye doing this.

mare said...

scum is dave, terri.

though carlos would have also been all over this.

Anonymous said...

Actually, what I meant was that I could easily see Liz driving on a side walk screaming, "How you you like me now!?"

Which is why I commented 'scary'. Scum and Los doing it is just a typical bad night of drinking gone wrong. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks mare!
Sorry...been here 25 hours in two days, so the brain is not really functioning. I knew that that was Dave and typed Carlos. Talk about brain freezes!!! Sorry boys! I'm still at work, so I'm slightly scared how this is going to read, but I figure I'll deal with it tomorrow when I'm back in for 8am after getting off at midnight! hehehe

Anonymous said...

If you hear on te news tomorrow about some crazy woman driving down the sidewalk, screaming madly - that would be me in my non-sleep induced drug-like haze! :)

mare said...

oh, crazy terri.