Friday, March 04, 2005

Commonly confused words test

Since I am stuck at work with no car and only a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup to eat, I am spending the rest of my lunchhour surfing. Ran across this test which I know Mare will be unable to resist.

A few things: don't get too caught up in grammatical assessments. I did and that's why my score wasn't as high as it should have been. I know that last sentence shouldn't have ended in "been" but this is a blog. My point is that you're only looking at confused words.

Also, don't walk away from your test and come back 10 minutes later, because you'll get to the end of the test and it will say you received 0% on the first few questions and amazing results on the last few.

Anyhoo, this was my result:


English Genius
You scored 93% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 88% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Now Mare will kick my ass, I am expecting 100% across the board from her. Show us what those additional degrees are worth!!!

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=14457200288064322170


Update: they called about my car. It seems I need another new radio (under warranty). I just got a new radio a month ago because the middle of the display turned black. Now this one has eaten my U2 Best of 1980-1990 cd. If I was a cd player and I was hungry I would eat that too, because it's good, but let's be reasonable. Anyway, they said they have to order me in a new radio (will prob be in next week) and then have to send this one away and they'll remove the cd and send it back to the dealer. Send it away??? Is there no one in SJ competent enough to rip the sucker open and get my cd out? I know my dad could, what's the problem here people? This wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't put the cd in there when it was making noise... stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!! Did I put in a CD-R? Noooooo. I put in something I really like and don't want to lose. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!

8 comments:

Surly Canuck said...

Umm... maybe I'm commonly confused, but is there a link to the test?

liz said...

Well, this would imply that everything I typed actually ended up being posted. It seems Blogger has decided that was all I was allowed to say today. I will try and update again. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH

Anonymous said...

i got less.

i'm overeducated. i kept answering british. or something. overthinking it maybe?

Chris W said...

Yeah, I'm impressed by Liz. I got:

Advanced
You scored 100% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 61% Expert!

I don't know where I messed up in the last ones....

Cyn said...

You scored 100% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 94% Expert!

Hmmm how is it that I scored higher on expert than I did on advanced and intermediate? Hmmm guess that goes along with the rest of my life doing everything backwards. sigh. Such is the life of a lefty. lol

Anonymous said...

B 89%, I 87%, A 88%, E 86%

So I got 1 wrong somewhere in each of the categories, at least I'm consistent. :)

Still, not bad for me.

Lisa said...

I got:

You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 55% Expert!

Heck, I even took a special course in college for commonly misspelled words and their proper usage. Ah well. :-P I'm not convinced it's 100% accurate. Afterall, I'm brillant. ~_^

Scum said...

Access Denied...

Guess I won't be doing the test from work. :(