Thursday, March 31, 2005

Today's IT Lessons

1) Do not drink coffee around a laptop
2) Do not spill coffee on a laptop
3) Do always back up your data
4) Do not buy a Dell laptop (ok, so that's just my personal pet peeve)
5) I knew it all along, coffee really is evil

Sherman decided to have a spaz attack and I was glad to help and come to the rescue. Initially I thought after a cleanup and drying-out he'd be ok, but after turning it on and seeing it spaz out, I realized I was in for some surgery if I had any hope of copying the data off. Had to slave the hard drive and copy the data, but I did get it all off with no problems. Except the fonts because I forgot about them and didn't bother to copy the Windows folder. Project for another day.

So Shermie is out of service, temporarily that is. As soon as Mare can find the money for the parts, I can get back to work on it and it will be as good as new.


Not sure where I adopted this optimistic attitude I seem to have lately. I have never been what one would call an optimist. I was always a pessimist, wondering who in the world was out to get me. I guess the change in attitude comes with truly knowing that things can be worse. I could be living through February-May 2004 again. With that as a reference point, everything looks better.

Had a dream last that a mouse ran across my kitchen floor, except it was my kitchen from the house I grew up in. And it was running kind of slow for a mouse. This phobia is going to stay with me into my next incarnations. Get out of my head!!!


Tomorrow night I am headed out for some retail therapy with Jenn and hopefully Joanne. I need some dance-friendly pants before the hafla on Sunday. I also need to practice before the hafla. So much to do, so little time. Looking forward to some time off next week.

Saturday is Firth Fest (separate post on that above). Sunday is the belly dancing hafla, Jenn is going to come and watch me dance, yay! She can be my substitute proud mother at the dance recital.

One more post and then I am off to the couch for some well-deserved veging.

3 comments:

Rosyphant said...

Yea Shopping!
Yea Hafla!
Yea substitute mom!

I need you to email me your work phone number to we can figure out this evenings therapy :)

mare said...

boo coffee!
boo coffee near laptops!

no, it's still yay coffee.

my elbow and arm is killing me by the way. wonder what i did.

Scum said...

I'm breaking rules 1, 3, and 4 on a daily basis (well, I'm not buying one EVERY day, but I use one).