Saturday, March 19, 2005

"Everywhere you go you shout it..."

"You don't have to be shy about it..."


WE GOT U2 TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big sighs of relief in that we were actually able to get through... the sale started at 11am, and the website was plugged full at 10am when I booted up the PCs in my office. Mare and I were on the phone and the net at the same time, with Dave & Jody on the net. Around 11:12 I got a ring instead of a busy. A few minutes later I was connected to an operator. I asked for the $165 tickets first, but they were sold out, so we went for the $95 tickets and were able to get 7 together. Ahhhh, the stress is over, and now we can look forward to the concert itself, as we can now officially get in the building. I hope Bono brings his shoes with "soul".

So yeah, this totally makes up for my week from hell. So my mother hates me, work was so bad I wanted to quit and I keep getting phone messages for the ex? Whatever, I have U2 tickets!!!!!!

So happy!!!!!!!!


Musical Cars

In other news, Friday was a day of musical cars, which has a triple meaning.

Friday morning I played musical cars with my grandfather (the one who had the leg operation recently). He called up and said he needed 2 new tires, so I told him why don't I come and pick up your car and take it in for tires, and you can take my car to bowling (as long as the dog didn't want to get in my backseat. Huge dog, not the cleanest.)

So I got that done for him and picked my car back up, and headed off to musical cars #2, which was the dealership calling to say my radio had finally arrived, 2 weeks later (where was it coming from, Mexico?) So I can now play music in my car again, after having to endure SJ radio for 2 weeks. I made a point of not going out of town as I wouldn't have been able to survive on radio alone.

Then last night I went to a musical. Didn't have anything to do with cars, but I did drive my car to get there... ok so that one's a stretch, but I was really liking the triple meaning thing. Saw Evita, featuring Mare doing slides (really enjoyed the slides), Chris as a bodyguard (you had a lot of time onstage, we had fun watching you in the bar scene in particular), Lisa and Peto in the chorus (you looked like you were having so much fun!) and ScottT as Che, who was fabulous. Hats off to you. There will be cupcakes for you the next time I see you.


MST Night

Which brings me to the next topic, I am hearing requests for another MST night. Next weekend is the All About Jesus Good Friday Easter Egg-stravaganza (anyone else who wants to come, let me know, I'll send you the details). The weekend after that I am in Montreal to see Duran Duran (w00t!!!!!). Anytime after that my schedule is empty, so someone name the date and I will gladly set it up. I am toying with the idea of borrowing a popcorn machine from one of my stores... theatre-style popcorn, people!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmm... Cupcakes. :-d Thanks Liz: we did have a great time. I'm already suffering show withdrawal.

My schedule is woefully empty now, so just let me know when you're good for an MST night. :)

Anonymous said...

MST night?!?! Yaaay...maybe we'll even be able to make it. Just not a Thursday night. or a Monday night. or a Wednesday night. Or a Sunday night....Well, you schedule it and I'll hopefully make it! :)

liz said...

Since most of us work weekdays, I was planning on a Saturday night. April 16, 23 or 30? Cast your vote! I have nothing planned for any of those weekends.

mare said...

whatever time is good for you all is when i will be ready for mst nite.

mitchell! with joan van ark before her face was pulled taut! *shudder* baby oil *shudder* yeah, that's a good one.

my other suggestion is the creeping terror.

liz said...

You mean Linda Evans. And her face still looks pulled taught even then, ugh!

mare said...

i stand corrected.

Chris W said...

Whatever works. A saturday night pretty much any time should always be good for me. I have no movie suggestions. So far, I think I've only seen The Movie, Leech Woman, Manos, Creeping Terror, Sidehackers, the one with the sea-monster-man-thing, and the skydiving one....

mare said...

the sea-monster-man-thing... was that the return of the creature from the black lagoon? with a young clint eastwood, toting mice in his pocket? (well, doesn't everyone?)

mare said...

oho, mom just reminded me that the schedule i am making for the exchange from the 21st to the 27th of april means that i am not available to do anything between the 20th and the 28th of april. i had completely forgotten, which is ironic, since this is the single event that is taking up most of my time organizing this year.

so boo to the 23rd.