Friday, March 04, 2005

The craziness

Ok, time to slow down now. It has been a super-crazy morning and it's only 9:45am. I got up, zombie-like as usual, collected the garbage, grabbed my flyers from the driveway (yay!). Popped the cd out of the car's cd player and was picking out another one to put in when I heard the player still making the eject noise over & over again. I very stupidly put another cd in to see if that would fix the problem (duh!) and then it just kept making the sound. Turned the radio off. Turned the car off. Opened the door. Kept making the sound. Grrrreat. If I leave this thing by itself, it will kill my battery. Get to work, call the dealer and ask to bring it in.

Walked into my office in amongst a flurry of phone calls from people asking why they couldn't get their email - our ISP's mail server was down. Grrrreat. By the time I get back out to the car, the noise had stopped but the cd player wasn't working at all. Drove to the dealer, dropped the car off and got a taxi back.

F*&^ing work. That's all I can say. If anyone wants to hear I'll rant in person. If I hadn't already had my brain aneurysm of the week on Wednesday, I would have had it this morning about work.

Let's go back to Wednesday. Forgot my lunch and I had a meeting for church after work and forgot some paperwork so I went home for lunch. Stopped for my mail. 2 government-looking bills. One was the water bill for $304, so that my shower can smell like a swimming pool, lovely. The other was my property tax bill. I opened it up. It said $4297. I think I had a heart attack, stroke, and brain aneurysm all at once. After I calmed down and read it again and compared it to last year, I realized there was a credit I didn't get. Contacted the gov't and they said I have to apply for it but it shouldn't be too late for this year, they'll send me a new bill. Why I have to apply for this credit I'm not sure, as it is pretty much automatic and was given on the property last year. Anyway, got that resolved this week and will keep an eye out for my new bill. Still went up by about $300.

Later on Wednesday we had a freak storm which made the drive home pretty crazy. I was on my way to my meeting but it got cancelled and since I wasn't about driving (or sliding) down Chesley Dr, I took Douglas Ave. Took me 20 min to wait through the traffic there, but I arrived home safe & sound.

The next morning however was not fun. Driving up Chesley Dr I got stuck on ice. After spinning my wheels for a while, a guy stopped and pushed me a bit and I was able to keep on going. So a big thank you to the nice guy who helped me out yesterday morning.

So that's the short version of the latter part of my week. Really want to rant about work but can't. Annoyed at the cd player because I just had the whole radio replaced (under warranty) a couple of weeks ago and now there's another problem with it. Hope I don't lose my U2 cd. Stupid, stupid stupid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our property tax went up a lot from last year as well. The value was increased by about 15K, plus the rate went up. Then of course there's the water rate hike. Times like this you see the logic to living outside the city; puting up with wells, septic tanks, and long commutes to work.

Looking forward to the work rant, I can completely empathize. When users don't get their email it's like you've beaten their children with a baseball bat.

Lisa said...

Yet another reason why I'm happy with renting. :-P Water and property tax hikes over the past months have become rediculous. We wanted a new mayor, so I guess we shouldn't complain about what we got... Who am I kidding: complaining is our civic duty. ~_^

Thanks for the love letter to Zedd. I don't think he appreciated it has much as I did (he couldnt' even sit still while I read it to him).

Rosyphant said...

Hang in there... and come out to eat with us tonight. I am always up for a good bitchfest.
BTW - my email isn't working now either...Stupid nbnet :(