Monday, April 25, 2005

Anything but this!!!

One of my regular comment-posters, John, just commented on his blog that on Friday he heard an "exclusive dance remix" of With Or Without You.

[gasps for air]

How can you mess with The Joshua Tree? Is this supposed to be some kind of "tribute"??? There are certain things people shouldn't be allowed to touch to "improve" or "pay tribute". Psycho (and most other Hitchcock films) is a good example. Cookie Monster's eating habits. The Muppet Show. The Joshua Tree.

[shakes head in absolute disbelief]

7 comments:

mare said...

so very wrong.

*shaking head*

mare said...

no wait, that was more of scott and i thinking at the same time. the "so very wrong" is not directed at the pet shop boys, for they are enjoyable though i have never heard that version of u2.

liz said...

I do like the Pet Shop Boys. I don't think I've heard that song though. Signal Hill also do a version of Streets, which the ex was obsessed with and I just rolled my eyes at him for liking that and not the original. Tool.

mare said...

why did i get a batman the series musical flourish in my head when i read that?

liz said...

I think someone is addicted to the iTunes music store. Which is why I haven't joined yet because then I too will be one of them, and then I'll be broke.

mare said...

if that was supposed to be a negative thing, you need to work on your dissuasion techniques.

John said...

This is a brand-new, recently made remix by a radio station DJ out here in southern California.

I don't generally mind remixes or even the occasional dance track, but "With or Without You"? Uh uh, no, stop, put it away and erase the memory from your mind.