Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Brain. fried. can't. speak.

Pretty poor looking liz sitting at her desk right now. If I could put my head down and type at the same time I'd do it. Instead I sit in my chair, slouched, devoid of any energy. Work has sucked the soul out of me again. And it's only Tuesday. But in just over 24 hours I will be listening to The Reflex, trying to figure out what that song means - if anyone else knows, please share. 20 years later and I still have no idea what it's about.

It's 6:20. I haven't yet begun the evening's worth of work I have to do before I get to go home and pack. Ugh.


I have decided that it appears to be impossible to find an 80s-loving, brown-hating, ham-loving, church-going catholic guy to go out with me. Except if I joined the convent. Then Jesus would be my man. I've found the solution!

8 comments:

Rosyphant said...

Sorry to hear its been a long day for you. Ikea will make it all better. :)

Joining a convent isn't the answer...

He'll appear when you least expect it :)

liz said...

Beamed in from Scotty on the Enterprise? Now that would be cool!

I always knew I'd end up in a convent. In high school I had my grad ring sized for my wedding ring finger, saying out loud that I wouldn't need it for anything else. Really, I did. Ask LisaT, she got quite a laugh out of that. We were going to both join the convent, except she would have to be an Anglican nun. Anglican nuns wear brown. Thank you God that Catholic nuns wear navy.

LisaT is now married so that leaves me as the lone convent entrant. I'll have to figure out my name - Sister Mary [insert name here].

I am going to get a pile of suggestions after writing that, aren't I?

Scum said...

You don't want Jesus to be your man... He's really gone around (for the last 2000 years or so).

mare said...

i thought it was drugs, sex and a merry go round.

maybe jesus was like dan who i went on the normandy tour with who would eat a ham and cheese sandwich on a baguette and, chowing down with great relish, sigh "i'm a bad jew". it could happen.

Lisa said...

Hmmm... You know, I think I happen to know a guy who meets those requirements. Except maybe for the brown part.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan, but hate is a strong word for a color. ^_^

And don't join a convent if for no other reason then you'd have to sell your house, and what a pain that would be! ~_^

mare said...

of course you did.

mare said...

yeah, you should be running. sick, sick, sick.

liz said...

Scott: I really don't know what to say. I think I am speechless. I did laugh, but I think I am now going to hell. They also won't accept me into the convent for laughing at that. I may also have to go to confession and say the rosary 100 times.

Lisa: Hate is a strong word. But I do in fact hate brown. The fact that I wear khakis is a HUGE accomplishment. If anyone gives me anything brown, it's pretty much tantamount to sending someone a black rose. I accept the fact that others like brown or look good in brown. I however will never own anything brown so long as I can help it. Wood doesn't count in that, btw.