Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Going Postal

After a very good night's sleep, I awoke this morning feeling somewhat sane again. All I had to do to complete the transformation back to sanity was deliver said work project to Canada Post. This sounds easy but is apparently not.

I truly understand why postal workers "go postal". If I had to stare at zillions of incorrect addresses all day, every day, I'd crack. Spending 3 days doing that was enough for me. Having a job where you'd have to do this would no doubt drive someone insane. Not to mention all of the rules involved: the sorting. the paperwork. the 1-800 numbers to try and call and find this stuff out.

Wonder what would happen if I just left them on Canada Post's doorstep, like a baby in a basket... they'd probably just use them as a doorstop.

2 comments:

mare said...

yes, they would. a very papery doorstop.

Cyn said...

Not to mention the idiots they have to deal with once they leavce the post office... sigh. I had a customer return a fully spec'ed system yesterday because fedex delivered to his front door rather than his back door! Geez. Oh and the kicker is he's going to reorder so that fedex can have a second chance at delivering it properly. Cripes! This is why we have wars... Don't mess with the delivery people!