Monday, April 11, 2005

No comprendo señor

When I left work last Tuesday night, right before taking vacation, I was spent. Hard day, I was exhausted. I feel about the same right now. Within an hour of my arrival back at work I had an explosion to deal with (figuratively, not literally) and now I feel exhausted again. I seem to have returned straight into the crap I left behind for a few days. Looks like the work fairy did not come and visit me and magically solve my problems while I was gone.

I also got up and put my winter jacket on this morning. The kicker to end all kickers is that is already snowing in Moncton right now. Snow. Will someone please make this stop already. I don't want to bring my boots back out, nor my mittens, nor my hat, nor my scarf. While I do enjoy these things, and they keep me warm, it is now April and I would like to say goodbye to them for a while. This appears to be a difficult request when flakes are still falling from the sky.


I forgot to mention it before, but the chick lit library is now open if anyone wants to borrow anything. I was looking for a book for Jenn and it made the process a lot easier to just put books on shelves as I was digging around. Just finished "Can You Keep A Secret" by Sophie Kinsella. Made me laugh out loud in a bunch of spots. It must have been interesting to watch my facial expressions while on the plane yesterday, I get pretty engrossed while reading.

Thank God, time for lunch. Have no idea where I'll go or what I should eat but as long as I can get out of here for a few minutes... I need the break.

11 comments:

Rosyphant said...

Yea Chick Lit library. I am about halfway though the sisterhood of the traveling pants. Very enjoyable and easy to read. :)

I too am tired of the snow. I don't think we're supposed to get much here. But up north, coincidentally where Stew is heading for work for the next few days, is supposed to get lots of the wonderful white stuff. Grr....

mare said...

meh, chick lit. what an artificial genre.

i'm reading deafening and the 5 people you meet in heaven (the last is a book club choice, god knows it wasn't mine).

liz said...

All fiction is artifical.

mare said...

shut. up.

liz said...

No teasing about what others are reading. It's not nice.

Lisa said...

Yeah, the Work Fairy is slack. I hate that bitch. >_<

I have enough chick fluff to suffocate a dozen men. Feel free to make fun, but my weakness is trashy romance novels. I like to read them before bed; they help me stop thinking. :-P

mare said...

oooo, you know what's good trashy romance, is those outlander books. they're stupidly addictive though and she doesn't write them fast enough. i'm a roger girl myself, though most people i know prefer jamie... but jamie looks like my brother in my head, and that's a whole can of "ewwww" that i'm not willing to open.

uh yeah. so much for my disparaging comments about chick lit. but i maintain looking down my nose at the genre as a marketing construct, and pooh-pooh it for its artificiality insamuch as it is all about the almighty dollar.

liz said...

As long as you are not looking down on the people who are reading in said genre.

mare said...

no no, read what you want. that goes for you too, comic book guy. i realize not everyone's idea of fun is to come home and curl up with a nice thackeray novel. it's not mine half the time. i'm a mystery freak!

Lisa said...

Mare, I have a huge fan of the Outlander series. I've read "Outlander" about 20 times. I'm a Jamie gal, but I wouldn't say no to Roger. Then again, I'm a sucker for an accent. Mmmm... :-p'

mare said...

i really loved the one where she went back to him, i guess it was the third book, and there's the mangling of carribean colonial history. fun stuff.

:)

oh, roger, that's good stuff right there. with the guitar and the eyes and the stuff.