Saturday, April 16, 2005

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am supposed to be in bed right now. I am exhausted and think I got a maximum of 2h sleep last night. There are 2 things I try not to do right before going to bed: watch the news or write intense emails. Broke my rule, barely got any sleep, and am surprised that I am even conscious at this point. Instead I choose to blog and keep myself up for a short while longer so I can catch some of retro night - if I am home I can't miss that. That would just be wrong.

Last night I stopped for BBQ after work at Jenn & Stew's, prior to the guys' geekfest. Then Jenn and I hit west side Frenchy's. Jenn found a really nice sweater and a hawaiian shirt (more on that later). I found a skanky top. She talked me into buying it, I've yet to decide that I will actually brave wearing it.

After the Frenchy's run, Jenn and I headed back to my place and Mare met up with us to watch Pride & Prejudice. Jenn had never seen it so we had to indoctrinate her. We got through the first 3 hours, then they headed home. Or tried to. Dory had a flat tire again and Mare had to call her dad to pick them up (Dory was blocking my car so I couldn't drive them home). They left and I set to work on staying up too late writing an email.

This morning the tow truck came to inflate Mare's tire and then she came and got her car to take into the dealership to get the tire issue figured out. I took my usual forever to get ready and then headed to pick up Jenn for more shopping. We met up with Mare at Old Navy, which seemed to be a madhouse today. I got what I was looking for, some thin long sleeve t's for layering and the tunic I wanted was finally on sale. Didn't see my size at first but then Jenn noticed a mannequin was wearing it so we made them take it off so I could have it :) Mission accomplished. Jenn got some flip-flops and Mare got an awesome suit.

Jenn and I then headed to Sussex Frenchy's. Just past the Dolan Rd Irving I was behind a truck with a camper when a rock (not a pebble, a rock, like the size of a golf ball) came flying off the top of the camper and bounced off the road and into my car. Spent the rest of the drive wondering how big a dent I had in the side of my car. Luckily it's just a couple of small scratches. Thank God, this car has had enough bad luck from me cracking the front on a foot-high curb, dropping a dot matrix printer on it, and getting rear-ended. It's been an adventure with this car.

We got to Sussex and Jenn found a pile of stuff, she had a good trip there. I managed to find a pair of cords for next winter and a very cute hawaiian dress. We headed back to SJ, I dropped Jenn off and went to church. I find church a very calming place, so the fact that I was exhausted meant I had a hard time staying awake. Haven't fallen asleep in church yet so that is a good thing.

After church I headed back to Jenn's, we went and got chinese food and then went to my place to finish the rest of P&P, because once you start watching it, you have to finish it. Our chinese food was gross, and not as cheap as it used to be. No more going to China Coast.

This summer. Hawaiian luau. Where we all wear hawaiian clothes. And eat ham. Unless someone wants to roast a whole pig with an apple in its mouth. Jenn and I are already in the planning stages. If you see any hawaiian shirts, pick them up in preparation. The coincidence of Jenn and I both finding hawaiian stuff this weekend is a sign that we must have this party. It'll be a blast! We'll all wear silly clothes and get laid, er, I mean, wear leis.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am off to try some cliff jumping.

18 comments:

Scum said...

Hey, roasting a whole pig with an apple in its mouth sounds like a job for Los, Stew and I. We have firepits aplenty at the camp. :)

Hell, we might even let you ladies join us. :)

liz said...

Your place for the luau it is! We can't really start a fire in someone's backyard in the city. What do you think, Jenn?

You 3 doing the pig roast would be hilarious!

Rosyphant said...

Sounds great to me... If I'm out east today I'm gonn apick up the decorations I saw that were of luau theme :)

Scum said...

We're gonna need an official email on this topic before the actual event. Jody will need some warning. :)

mare said...

i do love a roast pig. it's good shiznit. reminds me of nova scotia, where sometimes it's pig with antlers.

let's eat pig.

i'm all over the hawaiian shirt, but i think i might make a halter top.

Chris W said...

The funny thing about this is that last night Anthony, Lisa, and I were talking about BBQing and Liz's deck, and Anthony said (as a joke?) that we should do a roast pig.

liz said...

Ok, so that's pretty weird! And funny!

BBQing on my deck is always welcome. Time to begin the season at my house, very soon.

mare said...

i love bbq. i'm about to have some right now! i had to type this three times to get error free as i have a massive daiquiri on the desk in front of me. i love visiting jeff & steph!

Rosyphant said...

OK, people.. I have hit the motherload of Luau... I have all of the decorations for the party. I know we're not going to have it for a few months yet, but we're all set. I can't wait :)

mare said...

oh, jenn. of course you do.

i can make the invites, i have a great idea.

meanwhile, i vote for daiquiris as the beverage of choice for this event. or mai tais!

Rosyphant said...

I bought 4 sets of napkins. They each have a different drink on them:

Hawaiian Blue (like a blue lagoon)
Mai Tai
Frozen Daquiri
and Pina Colada

There will be no beer at this party :)

Chris W said...

Just to check, Scum: have you roasted a pig before? I've been told that it usually takes a couple of days...

mare said...

you put it in a big drum and it does take quite some time. but it's oh so good.

liz said...

I think this may need its own post. Or an events section. Not sure when I'm going to have time for work this summer, as I have too many social events to attend or plan :)

Scum said...

I have nto roasted a pig myself before, but I have been party to a roasting in the past. We'll have to do some reasearch to get it done right.

We probably don't need a LARGE pig... More like a side of hog, or a small 50 ot 60 pounder. :)

Cyn said...

What the heck is it with Hawaii this year!!! (throwing up hands in exasperation) Roommie is on his way there tomorrow for the 2nd time this year and is also going again next month! Ok so he's got his toy thing there, but come on people! What is with this!!!

Lisa said...

Hmm... I just happen to have a grass skirt etc. from a themed party a couple of years ago. ^_^ So, invite me; I'm prepared!

Liz, does a roast pig count as food shaped like an animal or is it different because it actually is an animal?

liz said...

Well of course you'll be invited to the luau! :D

Unsure on the pig. It would bother me if people were carving it up and the head was still on there and I had to watch it. Then it would be food that looked like the animal I was eating. For instance, if steak was shaped like a cow, I couldn't eat it. As long as I don't have to see the head attached while it's being carved up I'd be ok.