Saturday, April 09, 2005

Where are you people?

It's 10:15am, where are the blogs telling me how Suessical was? I don't see anything anywhere... I am feeling left out now. I may cry. :( I was going to suggest that someone bring a stuffed bear or other animal with you as my representative last night, and then you could talk to it as though I was really there. Then I would get lots of hugs!!! I want to be a stuffed bear now. Now? Like I haven't always?

Saturday morning and I am on my blog. Yeah, pretty much the same as if I was home. But I am missing home now. I don't travel well. I have done plenty of traveling, but not the kind of person who likes to stay away for long periods of time. I am materialistic and become attached to my things, and since I can't fold up my house and take it with me, nor do I want to live in a trailer, so I must go without some things in order to travel.

I am feeling particularly poor this morning. I bought a couple of things for myself yesterday (Sideways DVD, a book and a magazine) but treated my bro and gf to dinner as thank you for carting me around and feeding me. That was $128, eeek. I feel like I must now eat rice for the rest of April to compensate. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to do it, and I did, I just don't normally spend that much on a dinner. Cheapo-Liz combined with a well-honed Catholic guilt kicks in and I end up punishing myself for spending too much money.

It was an overall disappointing trip downtown last night. Couldn't find parking friggin anywhere. We actually found the stores I was looking for that sold the exotic foreign dancewear quite easily, but after going through them I did not find anything I loved and wanted to spend $50-70 on. I was going to have to love it to spend that much money. But I didn't see anything that really jumped out at me. In fact most of them were pretty boring same-old, same old. I was let down. We then tried to go to Movenpick Marche for dinner, but it went out of business. Then we headed somewhere else and took forever to find it. I was cold walking outside last night, but at least I was wearing a heavier coat. So no hip scarf for me. :(

Yesterday's house tasks involved picking out exterior doors and windows. They're having trouble picking an exterior door, and they only have until Monday. Things are moving quickly.

The best part of yesterday was going over to gf's sister's house and meeting her sister, mother and as my nephew likes to call him, Baby Jake. Cutest 16-month old!!! He was adorable. Huge brown eyes. He kept trying to put on my shoes, which given how narrow they are probably wouldn't have been that far off his feet. Gf's family is really nice. After leaving I reflected to my brother that it was really odd to sit in a room with a family of people who care that you're building a house, want to help, aren't jealous and don't keep yapping on and on about how "I could have had that but now I'm poor". It was nice. But also very strange compared to what I'm used to hearing from my mom. She has us brainwashed into feeling guilty for having accomplishments that she can't have. Sad.

Today we're off to see the model home, so I'll actually get a feel for the house other than just from the floor plan. Gf, her mom, sister and Baby Jake will come too. We have to be back here in the afternoon for a real estate agent visit. Other than that nothing scheduled for today I guess. I'll need to make that trip back to IKEA to pick up the table(s) and stuff for Jenn, either today or tomorrow before I go. Since I'm going back I might get a couple of the 4x6 frames.

1 comment:

mare said...

please see my blog for a full and complete response, you addict.

:)