Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Good riddance May, Hello June

So that month of crappiness is over, woo-hoo! I said hello to June this morning by sleeping in a little longer, attending a small conference in my Nicole Miller suit, and basically just being glad to turn the page on the calendar.

If you've been stopping by you'll notice I haven't been updating in almost a week. Not a whole lot to say really. This past weekend was the first anniversary of the breakup and grandmother dying, so can't say I was in that great of a mood, particularly on Saturday. Thankfully Sunday brought some distractions and I was doing better.

Also got my dryer fixed this week, it had been making squeaky and lurchy noises. Supposedly the tensioner belt was dry so after some greasing up it is working much better now.

You know there's not a whole lot going on when you're discussing your dryer.

I am growing increasingly on edge about the lack of lawn. I feel like I am under some kind of deadline, which I am totally not. It's been raining too much to do anything anyway. I guess I feel like I need a plan, then at least I know what I'm working towards. My landscape architect doesn't sound like she'll be able to come down anytime soon (I like saying that I have my own landscape architect, I feel cool). Regan sounds like she'll be stranded in Fredericton for the forseeable future. I could go up there, but I'd like to actually be standing on the land as I think about how to plan things. She's been pretty busy at work but is supposed to send me some stuff soon.

Sat out on my deck last night reading. It was nice, a little chilly (I am always cold) but definitely no reason to sit inside until the sun began to set. I started and finished a book in one evening, I don't think I've ever done that before. Granted it was a re-read and a very easy read at that, but still, I surprised myself by getting it done. I love reading a book that way, start to finish in one sitting. It's so rare to have the time to do that but it's great, you never lose the story.

Well, lunch time for me. I guess I'll raid the food box here in the office and not bother going out. Want to go for a walk but since I have a suit on that's not very conducive to walking... definitely not in these shoes :) I should have brought a change of clothes.

I have a steak set out for supper tonight... if anyone else is feeling like BBQ, come on over.

5 comments:

Surly Canuck said...

I'll be there around 7.

liz said...

Funny!

Surly Canuck said...

Hey, if I left say... at 5 am my time this morning, I could do it for sure.

Where's my time machine?

mare said...

what, you left the key to the tardis at home? silly vag.

meanwhile, i could go for bbq, but see my blog as to what i'm doing right now. unsurprisingly. but it is a mess in here, i will freely admit.

is it not glorious? i brought out my summer capris. the loud, hawaiian ones.

anyway, glad you're feeling better! the sunshine does a world of good.

Lisa said...

Happy June! ^_^