Friday, June 10, 2005

Thursday Night Drinkin' BBQ

So quite the night last night. Sitting in my house are 9 empty Coronas, 4 coolers, 4 Mikes, and there were some empties Stew took home with him, and that was for 5 people (not including me of course).

By the time Lisa, Jay and I got back from running errands at Kents and a stop at the grocery store and Booze Hut, it was close to 7. My BBQ decided it was going to act up, so Stew went and filled the tank but that wasn't the issue. He then managed to clean out the burner and voila, we had fire again (yay Stew! I'd already bought enough BBQ parts lately, I didn't want to buy any more).

We had our meal outside but it was getting kind of chilly so we had to wear jackets, but dammit, we were gonna eat outside! Anthony showed up later having been chauffeured by yet another strange cab driver, this one a racist as he kept saying "the Chinese are coming" and were soon going to take over the city. We have some very strange cabbies around here. Managed to get the patio lanterns out, they looked nice. Jenn is right though, I do need more of them.

Dusk came and the mosquitoes started biting so we moved inside. Jay and I geeked out on some obscure 80s music for his upcoming radio show. Drunk Jenn started drunk dialing but then her phone went dead, so no more calls :( Later we watched Hit Me Baby 1 More Time, where Vanilla Ice won the hearts of the studio audience, but The Knack really did well too. Haddaway singing Toxic was pretty funny! Next week's show is gonna rock.

Thankfully no dreams of mice last night, I was afraid that would be all I was thinking about, but luckily I don't remember any dreams of mice. I think I dreamt that someone was looking in on me when I was sleeping, that was kind of strange.

I sent the pics of last night to Anthony to post for us. As usual, you can tell where the sober pics end and the drunk pics begin :)

Thanks for coming over! Let's do the last-minute BBQ again soon :D

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks Liz! I had a good time, although, now I'm *really* wishing we had a deck/backyard. See you soon!

liz said...

Make that 10, 10 empty Coronas, ha ha ha!