Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday the 13th

Well it is. There's no denying that.

Pretty slow day today, kids. Not much going on in the life of Liz. Got up this morning in my usual zombie-like state and went to work. Took a walk at lunch. Went home after work, continued my laundry and headed off to dance class.

We've gotten all of the parts of our routine now. The instructor made up one part on the fly and changed it about 6 times. We refer to this section of the music as "the slow part" and it always seems to be the toughest. Definitely need to get practice in, I know I can nail it if I spend more time on it. The instructor has asked us to show up at the Sunday class and then we'll get an extra rehearsal in, then another on our last class Monday night, then the following Sunday is the next hafla. If anyone is interested in coming, let me know.

I really need to work on my arm movements. Most of the time I am what the instructor calls "dead bird". Except for the arms on the hip bumps, I seem to flow really well with that one. Or at least I think I do, there are no mirrors and I can't see myself.

So the rumors are flying again about our fair city getting a Costco. All I can say is it had better damn well be true this time. We've waited long enough. And how awesome would it be if it was in Lorneville? So close to my house! It would also do a lot to pick up the image of Lorneville, and maybe even drive more business there. Other businesses tend to build around Costco once one shows up. Bring it on, baby, bring it on.

btw, trip to Moncton for work will be Wednesday. Belgian chocolate is 20% off right now until Father's Day. Let me know if you want any.

11 comments:

canadianicewolf said...

I posted this on my own blog in response to your comment, and thought it was best to move this part over to here to comment...

I believe that the big clearing and hole next to the cut off for Lorneville was/is where they were going to put it a couple years back/are going to put it now. That'd be fantastic!! Realistically, it's not in a residential area, so it won't bother the neighbours, it's easily accessible via the highway, so there won't be any more pollution of traffic in a too small amount and width of access roads out east. It's a good move to put it there. While not withthe other big box stores, I dont' think that East side could sustain a Costco to be truthful, as the roads were not built to hold the amount of traffic that is already out there.

mare said...

i hope it goes west. that'd be awesome, off the two highways. :)

Anonymous said...

mmmmm Chocolate :-)

Karen said...

I'm with you, Terri-Lynn. I think that's it too.

When Halifax first got their Costco (then called Price Club), it was in the middle of nowhere, just off the highway, just like the site in Lorneville is. There was absolutely nothing around it at the time, and look at that area now!

mare said...

hey, i forgot. can you get me a box of chocolate? the seashells? mmmmm praline.

liz said...

All seashells? $14.95 worth of seashells? Just making sure.

Chris L said...

Costco is a dangerous store. I go in there to buy one thing and walk out with $300 worth of stuff I don’t really need. I will eventually use everything, but it might take me a year or two. I have so little trust in myself that I cancelled my membership and rely on recruiting friends to take me using their membership cards. It saves me the annual membership cost and slows down my shopping at the same time.

liz said...

It truly is "the $300 store". Dangerous place. Even more so if it ends up close to my house. I will never give up my membership though, NEVER!

mare said...

no, not all seashells if you're going with the $14.95 box. a mix of non-booze will be fine.

mmmm costco consumerism.

liz said...

Any aversions to coconut or certain creme fillings or caramel?

mare said...

coconut, blech. creme fillings are mostly ok, caramel too. mostly praline though. mmmmm praline filling. so very good with the hazelnut and the chocolate and the...

drool.