Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Trunkfull of chicken and modems

How's that for a subject?

Around 11:15 this morning I got a call at work that some equipment arrived in Moncton, so the decision was do I go up there today and install it, and also try and fix something on the server, and being there at the end of the day so I could reboot/potentially rip it open would be good; or, do I go tomorrow, actually having some time to prepare? In the end I decided, eh, let's go now. So half an hour later I was racing home to change into dirty manufacturing plant-friendly clothing, grabbed my cooler for the chicken I wanted to get at Costco, had a very quick conversation with Jenn to see if she wanted Belgian chocolate (well ok, not if, but what kinds). Stopped for gas and away I went.

My trip was for the most part quite successful. Got a few things figured out, and also got an update on the other equipment I had been waiting for, so it looks like another trip to Moncton around the 20th or 21st.

One of the pieces of equipment I was installing was a modem. I ordered it last week and today arrived a box of 10. It seems the supplier shipped us the wrong amount. So I packed them up in my trunk and will have to drop them off to the vendor tomorrow. If I was someone without a conscience, I'd sell them on Ebay and make some money. But since I am a goodie-good with a healthy dose of Catholic guilt, I can't do it.

Managed to get to all but one of the places I wanted to get while in Monkey-town. Began at Costco, got the chicken, some shampoo, bodywash, 3 books, a magazine, bottles of Coke and a really nice sprinkler for my "lawn". I now own a 100' kink-free hose, spray nozzles for said hose, and a great sprinkler. Now I just need the lawn to use this stuff on.

Hit Chapters for a book I knew they had in stock but didn't here, and stumbled on another book massively on sale with an additional 10% off with discount card. Hit the mall for the chocolate, which ended up being 20% off starting today, hello! Bought a nice tank top for less than half price at American Eagle. Bought 2 basic Ts at the Gap which were abnormally on sale. Kind of got on a spending roll tonight, not a good thing. I could feel myself being unstoppable... so that's when I decided I'd better stop single-handedly supporting the economy of Moncton and get back home :) At least a lot of what I bought was on sale or I got a discount. I also tend to rationalize the Costco purchases by saying it will be cheaper in the long run. Let's just say I won't need paper towel for the next year or so.

I have to marry rich, you all realize this, right? There simply is no other way.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Don't we all... :-P

I wish we had a Chapters. I don't get why Freddy and Monkeytown has one, but we don't. Surely Consumer Land meets the requirements by now!