Thursday, June 09, 2005

What's that smell?

That's been the question in my office for the last day or two. Smells rather like raw sewage. Or, as I thought today, maybe it's dead mice in the walls. I've been slacking off on "mouse watch" when I come into my office every morning because I haven't seen any evidence since the traps were put out.

I looked under my desk and there's a f***ing mouse on the sticky paper. I jumped up and bounced out of my office, skin crawling, while my co-worker disposed of it.

How many days had it been under my desk? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Time to clean everything again. I can still smell the bastard in here [insert vomiting sounds here]

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh gross!! At least it was dead and not nibbling on your shoes. :-S *shudders*

Rosyphant said...

ewww...

I think you deserve to go work from home for your trama.
Perhaps from your deck... With a cold coke in one hand and some belgian chocolate in the other...

as a matter of fact, I think I deserve that too :)

mare said...

I agree with Jenn. I think we should all go!

Anonymous said...

LOL ... I told ya ! Sticky Paper works everytime ;-)

liz said...

There is no LOL about this. No LOL indeed. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

No Liz, i wasnt laughing about the gross smell, or anything like that... It was regarding previous posts about the 'art' of mouse hunting in general (traps vs sticky etc).
I'm glad, for you, that its finally caught. :-)

liz said...

Thanks Peto. That was actually the second one caught, so I am still wary of there being more. The strange thing is, I don't have food out. I do have food, but it's sealed in a plastic container and any evidence suggests they weren't around the food anyway. It boggles my mind. I think the ones from last year decided to hunt me down and pay me another visit.

Anonymous said...

Ok! Here's what we'll do this weekend... Camaflauge ourselves and set up the b.b. rifles in an ambush pattern.
Kind of like Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom. ;-)

liz said...

It may just come down to that... or else I get an office cat.