Tuesday, June 14, 2005

TBS Syndrome

You know when you're flipping by TBS, and you see there's a movie on, and despite the fact that you've seen it ZILLIONS of times, you still get sucked in and end up watching the whole rest of the movie? I've dubbed that the TBS Syndrome.

That happened to me last night, except not with a movie. I had my stereo on while I was working away at my computer, listening to some piece of crap CD I had made 2 years ago. It was just after 11pm and I had wrapped up an email. Turned off the PC and went to go clean up a couple of things and get ready for bed, when the cd changed over to Duran Duran... so there I am, up until midnight listening to music I've heard ZILLIONS of times, but just can't force myself to go to bed because I want to hear the next song.

Damn you TBS and your syndrome.


p.s. to Lisa: Neil! Neeeeeeeeil! Neil!

9 comments:

Chris L said...

Yes, I am familiar with the TBS syndrome. The crazy thing is that I usually have the movie on DVD, so I could watch it with widescreen and great sound, but instead I find myself sitting through commercials! I consider it a victory when I get off my butt and put the DVD into the player instead.

Anonymous said...

Duran Duran? which cd?
TBS syndrome happens to me on prime with m*a*s*h

liz said...

"Greatest", which explains more of why I got sucked in to the vortex.

Anonymous said...

I saw them in concert in their 'hay day', it was an outside concert at Winnipeg Stadium, with PeterFrampton and David Bowie...
The back stage was draped in a Jumbo huge white sheer curtain blowing in the wind with the sunset streaming in behind it. One of the best concerts ever.
hmmm...maybe i'll cover 'Rio' at open mic :-)

Lisa said...

Ah, TBS, the so-called "super station". I've seen "Total Recall" more times than I can count because of TBS.

Heh, heh. Neeiilll!!

liz said...

I could never date a guy named Neil, as I'd drive him crazy saying "Neeeeeillll!" all the time.

Peto: Rio isn't in the books. I checked :)

Anonymous said...

Not Karaoke, I meant live

John said...

I'm a sucker for The Saint (with Val Kilmer). And The Peacemaker (with George Clooney). For some reason, if either of those is on, I cannot turn away. I've seen them both numerous times, actually own Peacemaker on DVD, yet I still watch.

It is a strange phenomenon.

mare said...

oh, the saint. i also get sucked in. but it's so bad! so very bad.

and a few good men. even though i saw that twice in theatre when it came out. *blush*